Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

NFL Overtime Rules

I hate NFL overtime rules. Why not just get rid of actually playing the overtime period and just flip the coin to see which team wins.

What is the percentage of the team that gets the ball first and goes on to score thus win? The other team never gets a chance at offense.

In the pros, a field goal can be made from 50+ yards out. I just hate to see a game decided by some wimpy kicker coming out and deciding the outcome in overtime. This removes all the blood,guts, and "footballness" from the game.

College has a much better system.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: NFL Overtime Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Tyme2fish View Post
    I hate NFL overtime rules. Why not just get rid of actually playing the overtime period and just flip the coin to see which team wins.

What is the percentage of the team that gets the ball first and goes on to score thus win? The other team never gets a chance at offense.

In the pros, a field goal can be made from 50+ yards out. I just hate to see a game decided by some wimpy kicker coming out and deciding the outcome in overtime. This removes all the blood,guts, and "footballness" from the game.

College has a much better system.
    Yeah, I see what your saying but like you also stated "a field goal can be made from 50+ yards out" which could lead to a game taking forever or just ties.

I guess you better hope your defense is up to the challenage which is what it really comes down to in the college also if you think about it.

Post Thanks / Like

No field goals allowed in OT.

Post Thanks / Like

I would agree to the No Field Goals in OT....Each team should get at least 1 chance on offense as well.....