Search Fishin.com

Thread: Small Bass Club

Post Thanks / Like

Question Small Bass Club

I am a member of a small club here in central Kentucky, and we have had some drop-off of members in the last couple of years. We would like to have a few more boats join us and were looking for ideas that may make more people like to join. We like to fish all the major lakes in Kentucky, Barkley, Nolin, Barren, Green River, and Herrington. We also like to go to Douglas and Cherokee in Tennessee also. This past year we went two day tournaments to try and save on gas money. We only charge 40 a boat and pay out three spots plus big fish. We also have another optional jackpot fish pot. It seems like all the small clubs are disappearing quickly and we would like to keep our club going. No one is going to get rich or go broke fishing in our little club we just like the fishing and camaraderie.
    Not sure what else we could do to attract more members, just wanting to get some ideas to bring to our next meeting. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Small Bass Club

Print up some flyers. Put them in any small tackle shops near your clubs meeting place and maybe on any Bass boats around your area that one could be a double edge sword though. Also is your club affiliated with any major circuts like B.A.S.S. or FLW that could spark some intrest and membership dues do not cost that much. Ask around at boat ramps or place some flyers there. Post your club stating that you are accepting new members on every website for KY. May just get you some more fishermen.

Post Thanks / Like

A boat show is a good place to put out flyers, offer a rookie team of the year award (something simple), do you have a "classic"? advertise it with the flyer. Hold a charity event (tournament)/open event - if you get one team here and there it adds up quick not to mention I would rather add 1 or two good members than 5 bad ones.

Post Thanks / Like

I appreciate all the ideas on how to try and get more members. I would also like to know if any of the guys that like club tournaments think it is better to have a two day tournament or a one day tournament when you go to some of these longer distance tournaments. What if you had Saturday be the tournament point’s day and have a friendly buddy tournament the next day? Any ideas welcome

Post Thanks / Like

Which club do you fish out of, I probably know a few of you? I would hop right in but my scheadule is so odd that it makes it impossible for me to be involved and I don't have a dependable partner.
    My opinion is that gas has forced most drop outs, I know it's about 150.00 for me to go to Barkley and back or at least it was. Fingers crossed that fuel stays lower and you might pick some of these guys back up.

Stoner

Post Thanks / Like

we are the bourbon county bass club, and i bet you do know a few of the guys. usually there is someone else that is needing a partner from time to time, which is what I like to do some just to get a feel for different ways people fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: Small Bass Club

Oh yea I know a couple of those guys. I would be interested if time will allow.
    Let me know when you all come out with the 09 schedule I'll look as far ahead as possible, if I can get my weekends off to coinside with the tourny dates it will be that much better.
    Just PM me when you get some info.
    Stoner