Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Smile a 10 year old boys essay

the following is an essay written by a 10 year old boy about what veterans day means to him.

Anthony Delgado
    Old Kings Elementary School
    5th Grade

WHAT VETERAN’S DAY MEANS TO ME

When I think of Veteran’s Day I think of all the veterans who devoted their time and risked their lives to serve our country. I feel grateful that these soldiers that care for us leave their families to protect us from the enemies. Many veterans have died protecting our country. They all go through difficult times living in foxholes waiting for the enemy. They are either starving or freezing to death and they are missing their loved ones hoping they will get through the day and seeing daylight the next day.

Veterans had to live through heavy rains in the spring, intense heat in the summer, cold autumns and freezing winters and of course attack from the enemies. They have prevented starvation for themselves by hunting animals and bugs. They had to eat it raw because the scent of the food would attract enemies. Everyday a fellow veteran gives it their all to survive through a war. They all fought in war for our liberty. They all fought for our safety. They all fought in war for our country, America.

This is why I feel grateful on Veteran’s Day. They’re fearless and brave and they will do anything to protect all of us. This is why we have so much freedom because of our veterans. These veterans have done so much for us and this is why our nation should be grateful. Many have died but they will always remain in our hearts, so on Veterans Day I‘ll salute them.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: a 10 year old boys essay

I too salute every Veteran and every person serving in the Armed Forces, with the exception for next year. I won't Salute the soon to be new Commander In Chief...I will salute the Office but not the person holding the position...How can he even think he's deserving of a Salute from a Veteran?