Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Post Matt Sims should start now......

After proving he could move the chains last week against Pittsburgh. Matt Sims should be given the reigns to U of L's QB slot... Just from watching and keeping up with the program over the past two years in general. It appears that U of L will be unlikely to win another game this year in 2008. With another WR going down two weeks ago and a 5th Year Senior QB, that can't move the ball, a change must be made.

If this team is lucky enough to win 1 more game, it's still not going to be enough to make U of L Bowl Eligible, with the terrible play that came against Syracuse....Not to mention that Rutger's seems to be the most likely team that the Cards might be able to beat. But with the 52 points that Syracuse scored against Pittsburgh. The 41 points Pittsburgh scored against U of L's weak defense...Things are looking mighty gimpy for the Cards hopes of making it to another Bowl game.

So with the chance of starting the final 4 games for U of L, Matt Sims should be given the chance to earn game time experience. He shouldn't have to wait until next season before getting the playing time he desperately needs to compete in the Big East Conference. Waiting on the sidelines while Cantwell sinks the ship even further is idiotic....Heck if his dad ( Phil Sims ) is given any credit at all it should be taken with the greatest respect of all. He did win a Super Bowl for the Giants while playing in the Pro's.

What has Kragthorpe done to impress the U of L fans and Alumni to date...He's won 11 of 21 games as their coach....and three to four of those wins have come against Division II level schools...What a spectacular job and I'm sure Tom Jurich is still thinking he can turn the boat around before U of L sinks into the bottom of the Big East and stays there for good.....

The information given in the above paragraphs, is not given to tee off U of L fans and Alumni... But to show an honest opinion of a sinking program that needs to be righted...before too much water is taken on board and no end in sight appears......

Reporting live from somewhere in Kentucky....That favorite poster of the U of L fans every where.....The Football Guru of Hoosier Land......lol...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Matt Sims should start now......

I don't know if he should start or not, but he definitely needs more playing time. Heck, things could not get worse.

Klownthorpe has done nothing to impress me and I help pay his salary, which makes it even worse.

Mills, are you sure it is legal to use the words football and Hoosiers in the same sentence LOL!

Post Thanks / Like

I can tell ya right now, NO CARDS FANS ARE impressed with anything about Krudthorpe. I nicknamed him 500 Steve because that's the best he'll ever be able to do. I will admit I like Cantwell and had really hoped for him to have a good year, however he has totally under achieved big time. Yes I to will help donate money with Tim to get 500 Steve the hell out of Dodge, he's pathetic. Jurich is the man but layed a Ostrich sized egg on hiring Krudthorpe. And no you can't with a straight face say Hoosiers and football in the same sentence, LOL.

Post Thanks / Like

At least I can say the Hoosier's went bowling last year...Might not have won, but they did more than the Cards did......Ain't saying that much more but they did go to a bowl game......

Cantwell might have been more productive if the Cards had some decent WR's that could hold onto the ball......

Come tell me the truth...You Cards Fans, thought this thread was going to be bashing the Cards, right? surprised you guys didn't I ...See I can have intellectual debates about your Cards....But glad you guys didn't jump on the " Oh they are so great bandwagon " as some of the Cards Fans do at times.....

Post Thanks / Like

Oh I knew you had it in ya Clyde we just had to coax it out of you. You made one real good point in that Harry Douglas is gone and he would have caught dang near everything Cantwell would have thrown out there. Unforturnately this years group does not have that kinda talent and have been injury bitten badly. That dropped ball in the open field with walking room to paydirt against Syracuse was just unreal. My grandmother if she was still alive could have caught that ball, just pitaful. Pitrino would have killed that kid, Krudthorpe gave him a big sloppy kiss.

Post Thanks / Like

It would be nice to see some 4-5 star signees to at least get some hope...ya dig? He might be working with Ju-cos again....it's tough to compete against teams that have been playing together for several years.