Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Proposed handheld cell phone ban & driving

How do you all feel about this? I'm all for it but I don't see it going through. I use my blue tooth or over the ear cord anyway so it really won't effect me much.
    If they want to pass this whats next? No make up application while driving. Some of you on here won't like that...and I don't mean you Mrs. Bassin_Bug .

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Re: Proposed handheld cell phone ban & driving

I'm all for it as well...too many times have I almost been in a wreck from someone not paying attention to the road while talking on a cell phone...Not to mention women putting on their war paint while driving....

Yesterday I actually saw a Louisville Metro Police officer driving down the left hand lane of Bardstown road, while looking at some sort of Daily Planner with his left hand and glancing at his laptop and punching the keys with his right hand.....Now ain't that just dandy.......

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Proposed handheld cell phone ban & driving

I don't think it will go through. With today's smartphones, talking and driving is probably the least of our worries. I see people texting and emailing while driving - that seem to be the most dangerous.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Col Forbin View Post
    I don't think it will go through. With today's smartphones, talking and driving is probably the least of our worries. I see people texting and emailing while driving - that seem to be the most dangerous.
    A study a while back proved that DWT (Driving while Talking/Texting) is just as bad as Driving under the influence.......

http://www.unews.utah.edu/p/?r=062206-1

I must admit, I talk while drive, but I find myself more often than not telling the person I will call them back because I'm DRIVING.

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like

I can't tell you the times I've seen people not paying one bit of attention because of being on the phone, so I'm for it. But yes like Goerge said I'm guilty as charged sometimes to.

Post Thanks / Like

I got a headphone jack for the cell. Works well in the car. Both hands on the wheel and the cell in the pocket. No different than talking to a passenger in the car. Useful on long trips too as I'll often talk to folks and finds that it keeps me more alert. I put the makeup on before I leave the house though

Andrew

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by apb View Post
    I got a headphone jack for the cell. Works well in the car. Both hands on the wheel and the cell in the pocket. No different than talking to a passenger in the car. Useful on long trips too as I'll often talk to folks and finds that it keeps me more alert. I put the makeup on before I leave the house though

Andrew
    He he those fake eye lashes are tough when driving huh?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    He he those fake eye lashes are tough when driving huh?
    That and I always hit a pot hole and smear my lipstick

Andrew

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by apb View Post
    That and I always hit a pot hole and smear my lipstick

Andrew
    LOL, I swear I learned oneday that you don't trim your Mustache at an intersection with an electric razor! The lighting and blowing horns behind me got me in a hurry.....Now that was funny I'm here to tell ya.

Yeah those potholes can give a person the "joker" from batman look!

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: Proposed handheld cell phone ban & driving

Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    How do you all feel about this? I'm all for it but I don't see it going through. I use my blue tooth or over the ear cord anyway so it really won't effect me much.
    If they want to pass this whats next? No make up application while driving. Some of you on here won't like that...and I don't mean you Mrs. Bassin_Bug .
    No offense taken, Dahlin'.
    I brush my teeth, apply makeup and mascara, and take a couple of squirts of expensive perfume before leaving home. If I need to apply more lipstick, there will always be a stop at a traffic light. I also wear clean underwear in case I'm in an accident. lol

This is ironic but, a few weeks ago, I was going to my house in South Alabama to spend a couple of weeks. Had just surprised my "Sweetie Pie" with a brand new Ford truck with custom wheels and was driving it so I could bring some things back home with me. Doggie Baby and I were cruising along at 70 mph listening to some wicked Willie Nelson music when a souped-up old rusty truck came barreling by me on the right emergency lane. I looked over just in time to see the driver holding a cell phone and suddenly the front end of my truck went about 4 ft. in the air. His empty, homemade trailer swung to the left and into the center of my right front wheel and the corner of my bumper. I stepped on the brakes and the front end slammed back down on the interstate. I pulled over in the emergency lane to exchange insurance information; that jerk slowed, pulled partially over, and then gunned that truck and almost caused another accident. I had just become the victim of a hit-and-run accident because of an idiot on a cell phone. I did the girlie thing and called "Sweetie Pie" out of a staff meeting and bawled like a baby for thirty minutes until he talked my shattered nerves back into place.

My rule about the cell phone is that it is turned off while I'm driving. When I stop, I check for messages and return calls then. Hand held cell phones should be banned while driving but I don't see how it can be effectively enforced. jmo

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, we would like to send officers over to clear up this whole hostage situation right away, but they are all busy writing tickets to those folks talking on the phone while driving. You'll just have to wait a couple of minutes and hope the gunman is out of bullets...............

How in the world are they going to enforce this?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by psprowler View Post
    Yes, we would like to send officers over to clear up this whole hostage situation right away, but they are all busy writing tickets to those folks talking on the phone while driving. You'll just have to wait a couple of minutes and hope the gunman is out of bullets...............

How in the world are they going to enforce this?
    Well, it SHOULD be a little common sense. But, unfortunately, like CONSERVATIVE VALUES..........that has also went out with the bath water.

Most people feel, it is their RIGHT to talk on the phone while driving, or their RIGHT to put on makeup while driving, or their RIGHT to text while driving.

OR even......their RIGHT to DRIVE.

It is NOT.

Later,

Geo
    Last edited by GeoFisher; 11-11-2008 at 11:32 PM.