Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Barkley Report 11/7 - 11/10

I had a GREAT trip this past weekend on Lake Barkley with my dad and uncle. A big thanks to Col Forbin and Dave for your responses to my post last week. We stayed at Buzzard Rock, so we fished the north end of Barkley. Dave, I finally got a chance to fish a couple of the fall schooling flats that you marked on my lake maps. Thanks, we caught lots of fish from those areas, but our bigger fish came off main lake flats. We arrived Friday around noon, after checking into our room, we were able to get out for a few hours of fishing before dark. We ended up catching 15 or so bass on Friday (5-6 keepers) with big bass being 5lb 8oz largemouth. Saturday was about the same on the number of keepers (6-7), but the numbers were around 30-35, plus a few whites, yellows, and drums. Big bass was a 5lb 6 oz largemouth caught from the exact same spot as the day one big bass. Not sure if it was the same fish, but it came from the exact same point. Sunday morning we found a big school of bass out on a main lake flat and really had some fun with multiple hook ups. It was exciting to see my dad and uncle catching those schoolers. Most were in the 13 1/2 to 14 1/2 inch range, but we did manage to catch 10 keepers from that area (numbers had to around 50 fish for the day). Monday morning, we started in some different areas (dumb mistake). Fishing was slow all morning, only picking up a few short fish, so at noon I ran back to the main lake flat and the fish were still there. Numbers around 20 bass with only 4 keepers, but we did hook up with several stripes, drum, and whites. With the rain Tuesday morning, we decided to sleep in before heading home...

Great trip, really enjoyed the time spent with dad (and my uncle)...We never know how many more trips we'll be able to take together..This one was a BLESSING...

Oh yeah, fish were caught on the following lures: rapala cranks (shad pattern); buzzbaits; zoom trick worm (green pumpkin); red eye shad (sexy shad & blue/chrome).

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Barkley Report 11/7 - 11/10

Great post, thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Barkley Report 11/7 - 11/10

THANKS Great post

And yes It is more about being with your family eH
    Last edited by olducker; 11-12-2008 at 03:01 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Barkley Report 11/7 - 11/10

Glad to see you guys had a good time. Fall schooling bass are definitely a lot of fun when you get into them.