Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

firekragthorpenow.com

If any of you are Cardinal fans, not you Splitshit, I mean Shot, just joking Brian. Please visit this site and send Jurich an e-mail and help get this goon out of Louisville Football before there is nothing at all to even rebuild.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: firekragthorpenow.com

I've got to give you UofL football fans credit - you all never lose hope that someday Louisville might be a national powerhouse in football regardless of the fact that the day will never come...........

Post Thanks / Like

You got my vote. It will be interesting to see what their attitude is like tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: firekragthorpenow.com

Quote Originally Posted by psprowler View Post
    I've got to give you UofL football fans credit - you all never lose hope that someday Louisville might be a national powerhouse in football regardless of the fact that the day will never come...........
    I have to give you credit for missing the point. For a couple of season U of L was a national football power....of course you weere so busy driving around talking on your cell phone and not wearing a seat belt that you missed it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim_T View Post
    I have to give you credit for missing the point. For a couple of season U of L was a national football power....of course you weere so busy driving around talking on your cell phone and not wearing a seat belt that you missed it.
    Really. When did all that go down? You mean they were up there with Florida, Texas, USC, OhioSt., LSU, etc. for an extended period of time? I remember one time they went to the Fiesta bowl back in the early 90's and they did make it to a BCS bowl a few years ago and beat a powerhouse Wake Forest team. But I remember that team from Hawaii made it to a BCS bowl last year. Last I checked they were not a national powerhouse.

So yeah, if a national football power means being ranked in the top 10 for a season on occasion, then I missed the point.

But do me a favor and give me a call when they are playing for the national championship. I'll be sure to recognize that they have arrived on the national scene.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah whatever....go cats! j/k man.

Post Thanks / Like

Now basketball - yeah they can be considered a national power. 2 titles and many final fours. No problem there even though I'm not a huge fan.

Post Thanks / Like

Really. When did all that go down? You mean they were up there with Florida, Texas, USC, OhioSt., LSU, etc. for an extended period of time? I remember one time they went to the Fiesta bowl back in the early 90's and they did make it to a BCS bowl a few years ago and beat a powerhouse Wake Forest team. But I remember that team from Hawaii made it to a BCS bowl last year. Last I checked they were not a national powerhouse.

So yeah, if a national football power means being ranked in the top 10 for a season on occasion, then I missed the point.

But do me a favor and give me a call when they are playing for the national championship. I'll be sure to recognize that they have arrived on the national scene.
    Wow, you did miss a lot, ranked in the top 10 twice in four years, multiple bowl games etc. I guess you missed the last second field goal that cost them the shot at the mythical national championship and gave Florida the U of L spot. I guess NC State and Florida were never national powers in basketball either. I mean, they don't meet your criteria.

Post Thanks / Like

Well obviously you have a poor memory because just two short years ago UoL missed playing for a national championship by one field goal. They finished that season with a win at the Orange Bowl and was ranked I think number 4 or 5 at the end of that season. What are you another angry UK guy hating on Lousville, boy now that would be a hoot. I just wish all the UK guys that spew all the hate could direct that crap somewhere else for a change, give it a rest already. I love Brooks and really appreciate what he's been able to accomplish, I think it's awesome. Why if you can't think of anything nice than just don't comment on the thread. Like it or not ole buddy when Petrino had it going Louisville was in the National spotlight that's a fact.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mhall View Post
    Well obviously you have a poor memory because just two short years ago UoL missed playing for a national championship by one field goal. They finished that season with a win at the Orange Bowl and was ranked I think number 4 or 5 at the end of that season. What are you another angry UK guy hating on Lousville, boy now that would be a hoot. I just wish all the UK guys that spew all the hate could direct that crap somewhere else for a change, give it a rest already. I love Brooks and really appreciate what he's been able to accomplish, I think it's awesome. Why if you can't think of anything nice than just don't comment on the thread. Like it or not ole buddy when Petrino had it going Louisville was in the National spotlight that's a fact.
    Do you know how many teams have missed playing for that so called national championship by one play or one game? That Orange Bowl run was ONE year in the (insert number of years there's been a Louisville football team here). That doesn't make you a national power, that merely makes you an up and coming program. Then when you lose to Syracuse two years straight that takes away all credibility and you have to start over. I am not another angry UK guy hating on Louisville. I'm from Indiana, and I can tell you what the difference between UK football fans and UofL football fans are: UK fans know their place within the college football landscape. They've had just about as many "decent" years as Louisville lately, but how many of them do you see spouting off at the mouth about being a national power. I graduated from Purdue and they went to the Rose bowl in 2000 and several bowls in consecutive years. But they are light years away from being or ever being a national power.

NCState in basketball has a better resume than UofL does in football. Name one person outside of north carolina that considers them a basketball powerhouse.

When it comes to sports, I have a great memory don't worry about that.

Continue to think the cards are a national power - if it cooks for you, solid.

Post Thanks / Like

Has UK missed the National Championship game by a field goal? I don't think so.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zx150 View Post
    Has UK missed the National Championship game by a field goal? I don't think so.
    No, they haven't. But their fans are not constantly talking about how they are "one of the big boys" either. This isn't about UKvsUofL, in fact it has nothing to do with UK. UofL is approximately 427-406-17 (.512) as a football program. They are not relevant. It's ok. My Hoosiers aren't relevant either nor will they be.