Search Fishin.com

Thread: Question

Post Thanks / Like

Question

Today I was at Wal-mart in Hillview and as I was leaving there were some people who had a booth set up outside. They asked me to come over and they were selling stuff for the D.A.R.E. program. When I told them that I couldn't buy anything but would make a donation, they told me they were not allowed to take donations. They had D.A.R.E shirts on and they had a canopy that said who they were, but why couldn't they take a donation? I would like for someone like zx or another LEO tell me why this is.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Question

i am not a LEO just yet but i graduate from eku with a bachelors degree in criminal justice department in december. the only thing that i can think of is that they had to sell the shirts so that they could keep count of there donations. I know that in a perfect world people would take a monetary donation and put it towards the intended purpose and go on but whos to say that the person taking the donation wouldnt just put that money in there pocket .... i am by no means saying that is or could be the situation... it was just a theory or so to say thought that what those people were doing and the way they were doing it just kept everything and everyone honest. or maybe they just wanted to sell the shirts and only ten dollar and up donations would be accepted.