Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Bass Clubs around Winchester??? Also info on Grayson Club

I am interested in possibly joining a club around the Winchester area this year. I would go as far as Richmond south, Lexington west, Morehead east. I am a nonboater but have been fishing tournaments for 12years. I am already in a club in my hometown in Grayson that has been around for 20+ years but I live in Winchester and may join a local club to meet new friends and get a chance to learn some of the local lakes. If you know of any clubs let me know and if possible what is the format (draw, buddy), fees, and what lakes do they typically fish. And if anybody is interested in joining the club I already belong to let me know.

We are called
    Happy Hookers Bass Club
    -you have to get voted in which is simple
    -yearly fees are like $60 plus you need to join FLW (for insurance purposes)
    -around 9 tournaments-all are draw except 3 away tournaments
    -each tournament is $20 person-non-boater pays boaters part (instead of paying for gas)
    -individual pts no boater non-boater divisions
    -non-boater gets boat control %50 day (never an issue real friendly atmosphere)
    -top 3 tournaments pts decide Angler of Year, plaque given at December banquet and Big Bass plaque as well
    -top 4 in pts get no annual dues next year
    -we fish Ohio River, Yatesville, Cave Run, Grayson for local tournaments
    -monthly meetings decide date and tournament location and pairings
    -Boaters can fish alone if drawn with another boater (must pay $20 entry)
    Its a long running club +20yrs maybe 30 yrs but not big usually 4-5 boats per tournament. Not everyone fishes every tournament but 8-12 is usually how many fish each tournament. You wont get rich but its a good chance to meet new friends. And its cheap and great if you dont own a boat like me. Again contact me if your interested.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bass Clubs around Winchester??? Also info on Grayson Club

Buckcreek bassmasters in somerset. Were affiliated with b.a.s.s. $30.00 a year and have to be a memeber of b.a.s.s. We fish, cumberland, barren, laurel, woodscreek, and dale hollow usually. Let me know if your interested be glad to have you.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bass Clubs around Winchester??? Also info on Grayson Club

Quote Originally Posted by Barry2780 View Post
    Buckcreek bassmasters in somerset. Were affiliated with b.a.s.s. $30.00 a year and have to be a memeber of b.a.s.s. We fish, cumberland, barren, laurel, woodscreek, and dale hollow usually. Let me know if your interested be glad to have you.
    Sounds tempting but a little far to drive for most of the tournaments. Does anyone live Close to Richmond/Lexington I could catch a ride with to the tournaments.