Search Fishin.com

Thread: It is official

Post Thanks / Like

It is official

we are in a resession, and have been for a year. All the posts that argured this earlier said we was not, so YES WE ARE. Actually I have been in one for 46 years.. I am also planning a trip to DC to see if I can get a bailout, anyone else want to come.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: It is official

nope, it'll be a loan, not a bail out....You got to repay a loan.....Where as a bail out is free money.....That's why a lot of sorry sob's that are on Welfare and food stamps that don't ever try and get off the system created for has beens....

But I do agree that sometimes some good people need help every now and then......I was there once when the Army lost all my records and I couldn't get paid for 6 months.......True Story......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Headrick View Post
    we are in a resession, and have been for a year. All the posts that argured this earlier said we was not, so YES WE ARE. Actually I have been in one for 46 years.. I am also planning a trip to DC to see if I can get a bailout, anyone else want to come.
    Well since it is official then we are, either way I woke up today and went to work recession or not.
    I'm sure Barry has a plan to help us poor wittle folks. I couldn't help but feel your post had some weird sort of cynical twist to it that we are in a recession?

Post Thanks / Like

I agree 100%. I have clients that have been receiving food stamps for years and years, and they have never hit a lick at anything. Their are some out there that do need help, some that have lost jobs, some have had major illness, and those that are retired and living on a fixed income. I wish that the gov would impose time limits on those who have made a carear drawing benifits, they did this on welfare food stamps need a limit also. And the illegals that receive benifits for a "ancor baby" should not be allowed to draw anything. As you can tell I do not like my job due to the policy's as we discriminate against citizens but give to illegals, but due to this great economy I have no choice at this time as I need the check. I am stiil making the same as 5 years ago, we got a 1% raise this year, but they rasied my ins costs up so I had no gain. What can an honest hard working american citizen do to get a break. Instead of bailing out the rich they should give US some money, I am sure I could stimulate the economy a lot, but who am I, I am not a big rich corp so no one cares.

Post Thanks / Like

Gentlemen:
    Please send me some bailout money by the man delivering this letter. My present financial condition is somewhat fragile due to the effects of federal laws, state laws, county laws, corporation laws, bylaws, brother-in-laws, mother-in-laws and outlaws that have been foistered upon an unsuspecting public. Through the various laws I have been held down, held up, walked on, sat on, flattened and squeezed until I don't know where I am, what I am, why I am or if I am. These laws compel me to pay a merchants' tax, capital stock tax, real estate tax, property tax, auto tax, water tax, gas tax, light tax, cigarette tax, alcohol tax, street tax, road tax, school tax, sales tax, occupation tax, processing tax, gasoline tax, personal property tax, state income tax, state franchise tax, electricity tax, federal income tax, cotton tax, payroll tax, old age pension tax, and --I almost said carpet tax.

I am suspected, inspected, disrespected, examined and re-examined until all I know is that I'm supplicated for money for every known need, desire or hope of the so-called human race. And because I refuse to go out and beg, borrow or steal, I am cussed, discussed, boycotted, talked to, talked about, lied to, lied about, held up, held down, and robbed until I am plum ruined. The only reason I am clinging to life is to see what the hell is coming next from the new President, Barack Obama.
    Signed,
    Ima Taxpayer

Post Thanks / Like

That is what you folks get for having money! At my house we live by the lyrics of an Alabama song, changed just a little in an era of change:

"Somebody told us Wall Street fell,

but we were so poor that we couldn't tell.

Cotton was short and the weeds were tall,

but Mr. Obama was going to save us all."

Post Thanks / Like

Not cynical Don, just twisted. I am sorry bug you cant come but I will deliver your letter. I will have to drive or take a bus as I do not have a privite jet, wonder if a person can take a boat to DC? Do a little fishing on the way. At least gas is a little cheaper so driving wont cost that much..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bassin_bug View Post

Gentlemen:
    Please send me some bailout money by the man delivering this letter. My present financial condition is somewhat fragile due to the effects of federal laws, state laws, county laws, corporation laws, bylaws, brother-in-laws, mother-in-laws and outlaws that have been foistered upon an unsuspecting public. Through the various laws I have been held down, held up, walked on, sat on, flattened and squeezed until I don't know where I am, what I am, why I am or if I am. These laws compel me to pay a merchants' tax, capital stock tax, real estate tax, property tax, auto tax, water tax, gas tax, light tax, cigarette tax, alcohol tax, street tax, road tax, school tax, sales tax, occupation tax, processing tax, gasoline tax, personal property tax, state income tax, state franchise tax, electricity tax, federal income tax, cotton tax, payroll tax, old age pension tax, and --I almost said carpet tax.

I am suspected, inspected, disrespected, examined and re-examined until all I know is that I'm supplicated for money for every known need, desire or hope of the so-called human race. And because I refuse to go out and beg, borrow or steal, I am cussed, discussed, boycotted, talked to, talked about, lied to, lied about, held up, held down, and robbed until I am plum ruined. The only reason I am clinging to life is to see what the hell is coming next from the new President, Barack Obama.
    Signed,
    Ima Taxpayer
    I loved it!!

Post Thanks / Like

Not cynical Don, just twisted. I am sorry bug you cant come but I will deliver your letter. I will have to drive or take a bus as I do not have a privite jet, wonder if a person can take a boat to DC? Do a little fishing on the way. At least gas is a little cheaper so driving wont cost that much..
    HAHA I guess we all are a little twisted huh? hagd

Post Thanks / Like

dictionary.com http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/bail%20out

5. bail out, a. to make a parachute jump from an airplane.
    b. to relieve or assist (a person, company, etc.) in an emergency situation, esp. a financial crisis: The corporation bailed out its failing subsidiary through a series of refinancing operations.

DA

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: It is official

Quote Originally Posted by greenriverman1 View Post
    dictionary.com http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/bail%20out

5. bail out, a. to make a parachute jump from an airplane.
    b. to relieve or assist (a person, company, etc.) in an emergency situation, esp. a financial crisis: The corporation bailed out its failing subsidiary through a series of refinancing operations.

DA
    More definitions of bail out, (from the same dictionary):

1. Free on bail.
    2. Remove water from a boat by dipping and throwing over the side.

Most fishermen/fisherwomen can perform at least one of those without government assistance. lol