Search Fishin.com

Thread: Guist Creek

Post Thanks / Like

Guist Creek

never been to guist but thinking about going sunday. i have a small jonboat that doesnt have to be launched by ramp.

if anyone has been there lately and can give me any advice i'd appreciate it. its a pretty good haul from where i live and i just want to make sure its a good idea before i go. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Guist Creek

I haven't been lately, but I have a suggestion. Give them a call. Their number's on their web site: http://www.guistcreek.com/ Whenever I've called, they've told me straight up whether the fishing's been good or "slow," and they'll tell you if you'll have trouble launching.

Oh, and it's getting towards the time of year where shiners trolled deep and slow in the deepest part of the lake can produce 10-12 lb. hybrids. Not that it can only happen in cold weather, but that seems to be the best time. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Last I heard the ramp was closed due to low water. Their Phone # IS 647-5359.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like weird advice for December, but keep a topwater like a small Pop-R tied on. Several times this time of year I've seen schooling bass in the jumps like you might find at Cumberland.

Post Thanks / Like

I went to guist last saturday. Had to launch from bridge area because ramp is roped off. Had to carry jon boat 30 ft to launch. Fished around bridge for a hour--no luck. Then fished the channel breaks,points and even checked backs of coves and still no bites. Water temp in morning was 40 degress and in the afternoon water temp was 42. Fished with mainly jigs and worms. Good luck. Fish slow !

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the advice everyone. i will be sure to call them on saturday and see how its going. I read on here that the ramp was closed, I just wasn't sure if there was anywhere else I could carry the boat and put in.

I'll be sure to take some shakey-heads, jigs, and some of my favorite smaller topwater poppers (thx jcb) handy. what about water clarity/lure color?

thanks again for the help. much appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Last month the bass were only biting up by the ****. I wouldn't try the creek. Everything I caught, including a lot of crappie and catfish, were on creek channel banks. I would not get a bite unless I saw a lay down. The fish were suspended out away from there. I'm sure they have not gone far, maybe just a little deeper.