Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Down goes Elnut!!! Down goes Elnut!!!

Well my friends, the heavy weight float n fly match is over. After a hard fought battle in brutal conditions; it looks like Billy "redneck shadrap" squeaked out a narrow victory over Woody "elnut smalljaws" 1-0. That's the first time Woody has ever been beaten in his boat on the fly. Looks to me like a rematch at Dale is inevitable.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Down goes Elnut!!! Down goes Elnut!!!

did he make it to DH last thursgay and friday?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm really glad he's getting out. He sounds like he's healing up well.

I hope you guys really stick them at Dale next trip.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, we caught 17 on Thursday on the fly, with two over 21 and a 20.5. I think Woody's biggest went 5.4lbs. That was with 3 people in the boat; Mike(threesons) joined us on Thursday. Friday was tough. We only caught two and took out about noon. I'm sure he'll post a full report whenever he gets a chance.

Post Thanks / Like

I may have seen you guys heading west on 90 in the rain, were two boats in convoy? one a deep vee?

Post Thanks / Like

Yes it is true, the streak is over. I bought my boat in May of 2003 and for the very first time in history, I have been defeated in my boat in any type of fishing with a rod and reel, FNF or otherwise. It was a brutal 15 round battle that saw many good exchanges but mostly Elnut was taking left hooks and right uppercuts to the jaw and chin. (Due to the terrible condition of Elnut's mid-section it was agreed upon and in the contract that no hitting below the chin would take place). We launch and break up 1/4 inch ice in the Elkhorn for the short trip to the river and Redneck hooks up with the first 8lb pounder of the day about 3 cast in, Drum that is. Lands the Drum, photo op taken, and then he catches a 2lb Smallie a few cast later which is his biggest on the river ever. We are thinking it is going to be great but we could have put it back on the trailer and did just as good. But that would be too easy so we run and stop several times all the way up past Stoney creek and then turn around and come back and fish the first place again all with no luck. Elnut never got a bite, Billy lands 2 (1 don't count) plus about 5 tree limbs (he is the best limb fisherman I ever seen) and that is how the battle ended. First to admit I am spoiled by Dale Hollow. Hard for me to cast in water where 2lb Smallie is a good fish when every cast at Dale I expect to land a 5 pounder. I will say it will be a LONG time before I hit the river fishing when it is as cold as it was this morning. Call me Netboy and Camera B****( as Billy says) for he did spank me this morning. All I can say is today I decided to GUIDE instead of Fish and that is my excuse and I am sticking with it. All GOOD GUIDES's are expected to put their clients on fish and today my client caught his biggest river smallie of his life and I "EARNED" my Guide Fee for the day well.

Post Thanks / Like

good to see you getting out, elnut. i thought about you guys this morning as i walked out on the front porch to unplug the christmas lights and just about froze my quitty-quatty off. don't check my spelling on that. lol.

where did you guys put in?

Post Thanks / Like

((( quitty-quatty ))) <---------------------- UMMM Thats a new one

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elnutsmalljaws View Post
    Yes it is true, the streak is over. I bought my boat in May of 2003 and for the very first time in history, I have been defeated in my boat in any type of fishing with a rod and reel, FNF or otherwise. It was a brutal 15 round battle that saw many good exchanges but mostly Elnut was taking left hooks and right uppercuts to the jaw and chin. (Due to the terrible condition of Elnut's mid-section it was agreed upon and in the contract that no hitting below the chin would take place). We launch and break up 1/4 inch ice in the Elkhorn for the short trip to the river and Redneck hooks up with the first 8lb pounder of the day about 3 cast in, Drum that is. Lands the Drum, photo op taken, and then he catches a 2lb Smallie a few cast later which is his biggest on the river ever. We are thinking it is going to be great but we could have put it back on the trailer and did just as good. But that would be too easy so we run and stop several times all the way up past Stoney creek and then turn around and come back and fish the first place again all with no luck. Elnut never got a bite, Billy lands 2 (1 don't count) plus about 5 tree limbs (he is the best limb fisherman I ever seen) and that is how the battle ended. First to admit I am spoiled by Dale Hollow. Hard for me to cast in water where 2lb Smallie is a good fish when every cast at Dale I expect to land a 5 pounder. I will say it will be a LONG time before I hit the river fishing when it is as cold as it was this morning. Call me Netboy and Camera B****( as Billy says) for he did spank me this morning. All I can say is today I decided to GUIDE instead of Fish and that is my excuse and I am sticking with it. All GOOD GUIDES's are expected to put their clients on fish and today my client caught his biggest river smallie of his life and I "EARNED" my Guide Fee for the day well.
    Thats not the fisrt time Billy has beat up on his Guide lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by biggw View Post
    Thats not the fisrt time Billy has beat up on his Guide lol
    Hey BigGW when are you going to be able to get out and challenge Billy? We need to know who will come out on top. Hope your doing well.

Post Thanks / Like

YOu going to make it next weekend for the Big World Championship of the Float and Fly?
    Jim D

Post Thanks / Like

What can I say??? I'll tell you. Having visited him at the hospital and in his home, it was nice to be actually going fishing with him.... So I caught 2 and he blanked. It didn't matter to me who caught fish. I was just glad to go with him.

I have been on that pool several times. What I had'nt done is have an opportunity to scout that pool. It's 24 miles of water. We started out in a place I was real familar with. So after we caught those 2 fish, it was time to see what else there was to find.

We went up to Stoney and I explained to him about that flood. Shoot, there's a lot of stuff in the water around there...We came back and checked out an area below where we started. We didn't have another bite.

Catching that Smallmouth where we did, leaves me to believe that there's more there to catch.