Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink She Said Three Words

The tournament is early morning, your fishing partner is your wife or girlfriend. There are no children to take to the babysitter. The clock alarms, she gets up and makes coffee. You enter the kitchen and she's sitting at the table reading a list of items while having her coffee. She's oblivious to your presence but, just as you enter the kitchen, you hear her say, "Wake-Up Baby." Who or what is she talking about?

More later,
    Bug

Post Thanks / Like

Re: She Said Three Words

I don't know. Maybe her little toe was asleep. Let us know the suspense is killing me.

Post Thanks / Like

Youre dreaming and your alarm is actually going off but you havnt gotten up yet and she is trying to wake you up...oh wait thats me...

Post Thanks / Like

Ohh I know. She has one of them little lap dogs like Paris and Britney pack around in thier purse all the time and trying to get it to wake up. Yeah thats definetly it.

Post Thanks / Like

You said she was oblivious to your presence. Maybe she thought you were still in bed, and was trying to wake you up?

Post Thanks / Like

She is reading what's on her list.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bassin_bug View Post
    The tournament is early morning, your fishing partner is your wife or girlfriend. There are no children to take to the babysitter. The clock alarms, she gets up and makes coffee. You enter the kitchen and she's sitting at the table reading a list of items while having her coffee. She's oblivious to your presence but, just as you enter the kitchen, you hear her say, "Wake-Up Baby." Who or what is she talking about?

More later,
    Bug
    That's easy her name is Carrie and she has a split personality!
    I guess you are "Baby" and waking you up was on the list she just read it out loud.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: She Said Three Words

Quote Originally Posted by BarkelyPup View Post
    I don't know. Maybe her little toe was asleep. Let us know the suspense is killing me.
    It's the name of a secret weapon that some tournament fishermen have been turned onto. A fishing lure that is flying off the shelves faster than it can be stocked. A sporting goods store owner/tournament fisherman told me that it has become a killer in bass tournaments. A couple of months ago, I bought the last one in the store for a guy who fishes tournaments in Alabama and he caught a 10.2 lb. largemouth when it first hit the water. Unbelievable! That's not a fish, it's a hawg. He's won two tournaments using that same lure and has challenged me for a spring competition on the Tombigbee River. He's on, Big Tom is my favorite playground. Wake-Up is a wake lure and has been so successful the "baby" part was added by the fishermen.

Dave may move this to the fishing board but I was trying to see if anyone would admit to fishing with the "Wake-Up Baby."

Maybe thinking about this will help relieve some of the guy's withdrawal symptoms while waiting for the bowl games. lol

Post Thanks / Like

Never heard of it, but maybe some research is in order.

Post Thanks / Like

It's the name of a secret weapon that some tournament fishermen have been turned onto. A fishing lure that is flying off the shelves faster than it can be stocked. A sporting goods store owner/tournament fisherman told me that it has become a killer in bass tournaments. A couple of months ago, I bought the last one in the store for a guy who fishes tournaments in Alabama and he caught a 10.2 lb. largemouth when it first hit the water. Unbelievable! That's not a fish, it's a hawg. He's won two tournaments using that same lure and has challenged me for a spring competition on the Tombigbee River. He's on, Big Tom is my favorite playground. Wake-Up is a wake lure and has been so successful the "baby" part was added by the fishermen.

Dave may move this to the fishing board but I was trying to see if anyone would admit to fishing with the "Wake-Up Baby."

Maybe thinking about this will help relieve some of the guy's withdrawal symptoms while waiting for the bowl games. lol
    LOL! You got me I thought you had some freaky mind game going on us! Hey it was fun to try and figure out the perceived puzzle. Yeah I'm gettin' tired of waiting for the Bowl games....I guess Basketball will have to do.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Devils Horse View Post
    Never heard of it, but maybe some research is in order.
    I haven't heard of this one either. I have used some of the lucky craft wake baits, with a few small ones, but only had it out one day.

Post Thanks / Like

never heard of that lure bug. Btw, I am not looking forward to bowl games as much as I used to. Seems my interest has waned in the last two seasons...thanks coach K!