Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Help with a Generator

Guys and Gals,
    A couple I go to church with is in desperate need of a Gas Powered Generator. The lady is on a Kidney Dialasis Machine at home and they are terrified that the power will go out on them. They are both in thier 80's and on a fixed income. This may not be the correct spot for this post but the Gentleman is a vet of 2 wars and I thought the least I could do is find him a generator. If anyone of you has one or knows of where assistance can be given for somthing like this please let me know. I am not looking for a free one (unless you really really want to donate it) but a direction in finding one that is extremely affordable. Also it must be either electic start or very easy to start as the Gentleman has a few years on him. I know it is asking a lot but it never hurts to ask. I can put you in contact with my Pastor to confirm this need. please PM me with any info that you may have on one of these. Thanks in advance,
    Will

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Help with a Generator

It would help to know how big a generator these folks need. Are you looking for a generator to power the whole house in case of outage or just the dialysis machine? What are the power draw requirements for the dialysis machine? If it does not require a lot of draw, I would think a small portable generator would suffice. Be happy to keep an eye out for a deal on one...just need to know more specifics of what type generator is needed.

Post Thanks / Like

Dave,
    I should have been more clear. The draw need would be at the least 4500 watts. They must be able to run the machine and a light or two. Only thing that scares me about these is it must be very easy to start. I don't want to sound petty or sound like I'm complaining but it would be of no use to them if the Gentleman could not pull it to start. I am greatful that you have shown interest in this and ask for your prayers that we can find him one. Even just pointing me toward one would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,
    Will

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Like GreenRiverMan I did a search and found the ones at Lowe's, HomeDepot and Sears..and Ebay.

It appears to me that the best price on an electric start is the Troy Built 5000 watt at Lowe's. It is not sold in the Area Lowe's stores here but I am sure one should be able to order it thru Lowe's and have it delivered. Not sure what the delivery charge would be if any...something on the website about free shipping depending on the item. Anyway, the price is listed at 698.00 (does not include tax).

I would think that a collection at your church would go a long way in making this happen if it is a large congregation. Talk to your Pastor about it. To get things rolling I will make a pledge here for 100.00...maybe some of the other folks on here would see fit and have the ability to help out this family in need also. Maybe that someone on here has a good generator that would meet the needs of these folks that would sell it to you at a good price.

Anyway, just let me know what the plans are and I will get the check for my pledge to you.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Floored. Thats about what hit me with Dave's post. Dave Stewart thank you so much. I know times are hard right now for folks and just sending money to a stranger from the Net may seem skeptical but please know your kindness will most definetly be appreciated. Gosh I just don't know what to say. Thank you so much again.

Will

Post Thanks / Like

Will
    Believe me, I monitor this site pretty close and you have been around awhile....I am not that easy...lol. Let's just say that here is an old veteran that served his country for a long time that needs help...I only hope that when the time comes that my wife needs help (probably not that many years away) and I am not able to be there for her that another brother vet will step up to the plate and give her a hand....pass it forward.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveStewart View Post
    Will
    Believe me, I monitor this site pretty close and you have been around awhile....I am not that easy...lol. Let's just say that here is an old veteran that served his country for a long time that needs help...I only hope that when the time comes that my wife needs help (probably not that many years away) and I am not able to be there for her that another brother vet will step up to the plate and give her a hand....pass it forward.
    I'm in as well. Let us know what or how the funds will be raised and I'll pitch in. Happy to help, Don

Post Thanks / Like

Everyone else who has contacted me is sending a check. If you have another way you would like to contribute I am open to anything. However you like I would be more than greatful for. Just let me know.

Will