Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

It maybe too cold to Bass fish IF (I said maybe!!)

Okay Fellows here it goes. A friend on mine and I fished the Tourney on Rough this past weekend. Someone stated it was 19 at launch time and it was cold. My wife stated that WE ALL HAVE LOST OUR MINDS!!!!!!!!!!!! Well before the day was over I was starting to agree.

I submit to my fellow Fisherman, okay sorry FISHERPERSONS, the following "IT MAYBE TOO COLD TO BASS FISH IF"

1. When you launch your boat and you have to fish the marina for hour until the steering cables thaw

2. When the steering cables finally thaw out and you run down the lake, making you eyes water and causing the INSIDE of your Sunglasses to FROST up. Yes this happened I would have never believed it.

3. Your partner catches a fish and places it on the GOLDEN RULE to measure it and the rule freezes to the fish!!!! This was another first for me!!!

4. You look at you partner and bust out laughing because his nose and ran and frozen on the end of his nose (GUESS WHO HAS A NEW NICHNAME).

5. When a fish does bite you can not tell if it is a fish or a small limb.

6. You get back the ramp at weigh in time and a name calling session begins because neither of us want to pull the fish out of the livewell.

7. Your partner looses the name calling contest and pulls the fish out of the livewell and states "Crap we have a dead fish" and holds the fish up. Sure enough there is was all curled to one side like the do when they die. BUT WAIT it is not dead just so cold it takes 15 seconds to to curl the other way. No wonder we did not catch many fish the bait moving faster that a snail and they can't catch it!!!!

When these things happening I ALMOST believe it is TOOO DARN COLD, I SAID ALMOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: It maybe too cold to Bass fish IF (I said maybe!!)

LOL! That sounds like it could be a Blue Collar fishing trip movie, and better than Bait Shop (very disappointing )

Post Thanks / Like

A freind of mine and I decided a long time ago that this bass fishing is a sickness...fortunately there is no cure.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MASBASS View Post
    Okay Fellows here it goes. A friend on mine and I fished the Tourney on Rough this past weekend. Someone stated it was 19 at launch time and it was cold. My wife stated that WE ALL HAVE LOST OUR MINDS!!!!!!!!!!!! Well before the day was over I was starting to agree.

I submit to my fellow Fisherman, okay sorry FISHERPERSONS, the following "IT MAYBE TOO COLD TO BASS FISH IF"

1. When you launch your boat and you have to fish the marina for hour until the steering cables thaw

2. When the steering cables finally thaw out and you run down the lake, making you eyes water and causing the INSIDE of your Sunglasses to FROST up. Yes this happened I would have never believed it.

3. Your partner catches a fish and places it on the GOLDEN RULE to measure it and the rule freezes to the fish!!!! This was another first for me!!!

4. You look at you partner and bust out laughing because his nose and ran and frozen on the end of his nose (GUESS WHO HAS A NEW NICHNAME).

5. When a fish does bite you can not tell if it is a fish or a small limb.

6. You get back the ramp at weigh in time and a name calling session begins because neither of us want to pull the fish out of the livewell.

7. Your partner looses the name calling contest and pulls the fish out of the livewell and states "Crap we have a dead fish" and holds the fish up. Sure enough there is was all curled to one side like the do when they die. BUT WAIT it is not dead just so cold it takes 15 seconds to to curl the other way. No wonder we did not catch many fish the bait moving faster that a snail and they can't catch it!!!!

When these things happening I ALMOST believe it is TOOO DARN COLD, I SAID ALMOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do fish in the winter and LOVE it and maybe I can offer some solutions to the above problems:

1. Paddle, it gets you out of the marina plus the exercise will warm you up a bit.
    2. Motorcycle Helmet or Fish Headz tightly secure to the face over a good Carhart full face toboggin
    3 and 6. Easy, Partner caught, Partner measures, Partner puts in livewell, Partner gets out of livewell after all he had all the fun in catching it.
    4. You did correct sir, same thing I would have done.
    5. Take Redneckshadrap because he hooked and caught every limb on the Ky River saturday TWICE
    7. Take a Sportcat heater and lay the fish just above the surface, she will warm up and move quick.

Best I can do on short notice but feel free to use any of the suggestions at anytime.

Elnutsmalljaws
    "Certifyable Floatnflyable"

Post Thanks / Like

I launched at daybreak one day last winter when the temperature was in the single digits and only climbed to 19 degrees by mid-afternoon. As long as you have enough layers on and don't fall in the water, it's not so bad.

Only caught one fish, but it was a nice one.

Post Thanks / Like

Supposively a certain Redneckshadrap has video tape of me idleing out of Horse Creek a couple of years ago when the temp was 8 degrees and windchill was NEGATIVE 13 according to the TV. I fished if you can call hovering above my Sportcat heater for 3 hours and making less than 30 cast without a bite then took her back to the slip. That day was WAY TOO cold to fish and I never thought I would say that but it was.

Post Thanks / Like

When the snowmobile suit and helmet are not working and you have to spray de-icer in your locks it is too cold!

Post Thanks / Like

One day I went to launch with the temperature in the teens and boat was frozen stuck to the trailer. When I backed in the trailer floated up with the boat. I took several minutes and pulling it out and backing it in again before it broke free. If I remember correctly the steering was froze up too that morning. I guess I have kind of wimped out in my mature years. If the temperature doesn't get up to 32 I consider it too cold...

kc

Post Thanks / Like

i like when u take your cover off and launch and while u are running down the lake u can watch the boat turn from blue to white from bow to stern... shew i fish a cland tourney once and my depth finder said 8 degrees when i turned it on before launch... i know the pepsi's and mountain dews froze in my cooler... and no it didnt have ice....but it was one of them spatula days..... if u have seen joe dirt u know what i am talking about...