Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Don Smith is the man!!!

Don, you are unreal!!! Guys, all of you wished to have had this guy for your Santa! A mailbox with a bass and name, address on it?? As **** Vitale would say " ARE YOU SERIOUS?????? Don, You really outdid yourself and I feel like you were hosed by my gifts so the next few days you will find a gift card for Darden restraunts which own Red lobster, Olive Garden and Bahama Breeze. I know they have no places in Brodhead ( well atleast the last time I delivered to EST machine shop they didn't) but they have both in Lexington if you make your way there. Funny thing about the mailbox is that I live in an apartment now but will be buying a house in the next few months, and used my parents address to send the package to so it's their numbers on it!! They love it!!!! I'm going to let them keep it but would love to buy one from you for my new house when I move. You will always have a seat with me if you ever want to go to T-ville, Rough, or Nolin, it's all on me!! Thanks for the tubes, hooks and I think they are floating flies, Those actually catch big fish? looks like something I'd use for bluegills! Merry Christmas to you and your Family and thanks again!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Don Smith is the man!!!

Man ive been wanting one of those but the wife wont have it!lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fisheater View Post
    Man ive been wanting one of those but the wife wont have it!lol
    mine wont either. but i may be living alone soon so i will finally have one. she says its too tacky but what does she know.LOL

Post Thanks / Like

LOL."Tacky" was my wifes exact word!

Post Thanks / Like

Mine says are you serious...Besides the subdivision won't go for it either.....

Post Thanks / Like

I actually HAVE ONE and the subdivision will not let me put it up due to some "restrictions" against it!!!! So if any of you REALLY want one, I know where you can get a good one for yourself, as I couldn't afford to sell my house right now if my life depended on it I LOVE them too!!

Rob

Post Thanks / Like

I put one up, but it was the fishing lure, when we built our home, someone left a nasty message on it, said please take down, its trashing up the neighboorhood. Man that didnt sit well with my wife, so she went out and put bunny rabbit ears on it, and wrapped it with christmas lights, with a nasty message attached, we never did figure out who did it, but I think they got the message, and never left another one. Finally had to remove it, sun had bleached it out, and it was really starting to look tacky.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think he is talking about the Bass mailbox but said it's a mailbox with a Bass and name on it.

Don Smith Guest

Talking Re: Don Smith is the man!!!

Thanks DC, appreciate the compliments. Those mailboxes are printed and wrapped, out of the same material I wrap vehicles and boats in. Laminated with an optically clear laminate, the print will last for years. I have not charged anyone for a mailbox, I usually give them to anyone who gets a boat or truck wrapped with the same theme, sort of compliments any job. Below is link to photos of a couple bass mailboxes. I don't know how to post the entire photo album link, there you could view the boat and truck wraps that go along with them. I've never posted links to pics before on here, so I might get a slap on the wrist for this, lol. First link is almost identical to the box I sent you, I enlarged the fish a bit and added some more detail to yours.

Don Smith

http://s389.photobucket.com/albums/o...t=S6300875.jpg

http://s389.photobucket.com/albums/o...ailboxJPEG.jpg

Edit: Looks like a link to album in on page, will post more pics soon.
    Last edited by Don Smith; 12-16-2008 at 03:51 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Man those are real nice Don,good job and great gift!

Post Thanks / Like

Don, what does the average truck wrap cost? How long are they good for? Do you come up with the concept or do I. I have been kicking this around for two years but I haven't really done anything about it. I see some going down the road and they can look really cool although some are just too plain. Do I get a two for one discount for my truck and boat to match like all those Elite guys. If it helps determine a average price I own a Hummer h2 and a 21' Triton. I am in Louisville

Post Thanks / Like

Again, I will say it, I have the best wife on the planet. She saw the pictures and said she would have no problem with a fish mailbox. Nothing like a good woman except a 12 pound Smallie tugging on my FNF rod.

Certifyable Floatnflyable