Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

striper stocking cherokee

Talked to Ezell Cox today and he said they only stocked 85,000 hybrids in Cherokee. He said anyone who wants stripers stocked should call twra and ask for doug peterson and inform him that you want stripers stocked in Cherokee. The number is 1-800-332-0900. Get your favorite tackle store, marina, friends, family. Dont wait until the fishing gets bad before we complain!!! Thanks, Yankinlarry

Post Thanks / Like

Re: striper stocking cherokee

I don't whose brainey idea it was to stop stocking Stripers on Cherokee? The Stripers bring lots of business to the Morristown area and people have bought homes all along the lake because of the Stripers . True we had a big Striper kill last year from what I hear the TVA shut the airators off??? Dave Bishop was the one who put the Stripers in Cherokee . I was one of the first ones to catch them . I had caught them up North when I was 10 or 12 years old with my father .Big fish my father caught was 52 lbs. Biggest fish I have caught on Cherokee was 30 +lbs. I have contacted the Morristown Chamber about this , they were not Happy. Ph. 423 586 6382 e-mail tourism@morristownchamber. com Person to speak to Maria K. Fisher. So if you want Stripers to be stocked get on the ph. to TWRA and the Chamber .. PISSED OF YANK