Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Call was put into Al Gore.....

Global Warming my ARSE. I had the big fat goose egg this morning....0. If there is such a thing it sure ain't going on in this state this year, lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Call was put into Al Gore.....

Yep just add that story from Allie G. to his list of stories. I guess after he invented the internet he found all this info on his little machine.

Post Thanks / Like

Actually, all of this warming summers followed by COLD winters goes more to prove the emergence of the coming Ice Age rather than man made Global Warming. I have no doubt that man and our machines/polutants have contributed to warming the planet but if you will just stick around for another three to four thousand years this whole area will be covered with ice. I wonder how Al will expain that.

Grumpy

Post Thanks / Like

There was someone on Neal Cavuto's show trying to explain how global warming caused the extremes. We willl have warmer summers and snow in Las Vegas because of global warming he said we will have severe winters because of global warming but Neal wasn't buying it.

Post Thanks / Like

Al Gore is right,without the global warming it would have been 15 below this morning Mark.Keep an open mind for cripes sake!lol

Post Thanks / Like

I like reading about climate change, and I try to keep my mind open to evidence supporting either view. I have yet to read of anybody, on either side, who disputes the fact that the Earth goes through cycles of global warming and cooling, and always will. And my belief, based on my reading, is that the earth actually spends more time covered with ice than not. We are currently in what is referred to as an "interglacial" period (these generally last about 10,000 years), meaning that yes, someday there WILL be another ice age (these generally last about 100,000 years). I think the only real question is how much man is contributing to the current warming trend, and with so many highly qualified scientists unable to agree on the answer to that, I certainly can't claim to know for sure. I'm inclined to think we're contributing to it significantly, but I'm an IT guy, not a climatologist, so who am I to know? All that said, I think that saying that the fact that right now it's freezing cold in Kentucky disproves the "global warming" theory is about like some farmer in Kansas saying that the fact that his farmland looks perfectly flat to him proves that the earth is not round.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: Call was put into Al Gore.....

Quote Originally Posted by fisheater View Post
    Al Gore is right,without the global warming it would have been 15 below this morning Mark.Keep an open mind for cripes sake!lol
    LOL, Thanks John, I'm glad some of ya knew I was trying to be funny, I think Roadtoad thinks I'm tupid or sumpin, lol.

Post Thanks / Like

No, I don't think you're stupid at all. I just tend to take what people say literally, at face value, so I often misinterpret sarcasm.

It's pretty obvious I disagree with you on a lot of points, Mark (may I call you Mark?), but I also think you're probably a really nice guy. Hope to down a couple beers with you some time.
    Last edited by RoadToad; 12-22-2008 at 10:52 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: Call was put into Al Gore.....

Quote Originally Posted by RoadToad View Post
    No, I don't think you're stupid at all. I just tend to take what people say literally, at face value, so I often misinterpret sarcasm.

It's pretty obvious I disagree with you on a lot of points, Mark (may I call you Mark?), but I also think you're probably a really nice guy. Hope to down a couple beers with you some time.
    You can call me anything you want just don't call me late to dinner, I like to eat... alot. I like Grumpy said do believe that we (mankind) has had a heavy fingerprint on planet earth, but I do not believe for a second that it has been nearly as bad as some represent. Al Gore and his band of tree hugging flunkies have helped block and or destroy many viable and useful options for our country. I was just having a bit of fun and you didn't offend me at all, and I'd love to have a cold one with ya sometime. Now as for me being a really nice guy that depends on whom you ask, lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fisheater View Post
    When we look at how long it has been since the last Ice Age, and the theory that it occurs about every 10,000 years, I tend to think Al Gore may have gotten his facts a little twisted. I cannot trust what any man or woman says about global warming because, even in nature, there are always checks and balances. So, while I live on this earth, I'm going to take the words of The Creator as fact and then I'll know I have the right information.

Genesis 8:22
    "While the earth remains,
    Seedtime and harvest,
    Cold and heat,
    Winter and summer,
    And day and night
    Shall not cease."

I believe it's Winter; the thermometer on my back deck says that it is 8 degrees F., it's high noon, and I don't expect anything to melt today.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bassin_bug View Post
    When we look at how long it has been since the last Ice Age, and the theory that it occurs about every 10,000 years, I tend to think Al Gore may have gotten his facts a little twisted. I cannot trust what any man or woman says about global warming because, even in nature, there are always checks and balances. So, while I live on this earth, I'm going to take the words of The Creator as fact and then I'll know I have the right information.

Genesis 8:22
    "While the earth remains,
    Seedtime and harvest,
    Cold and heat,
    Winter and summer,
    And day and night
    Shall not cease."

I believe it's Winter; the thermometer on my back deck says that it is 8 degrees F., it's high noon, and I don't expect anything to melt today.
    Im not smart enough to understand any of the scientific hoopla,dont believe any politician and my comment was all a joke also.I know cold and hot when i feel it and the rest i cant controll.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    Actually, all of this warming summers followed by COLD winters goes more to prove the emergence of the coming Ice Age rather than man made Global Warming. I have no doubt that man and our machines/polutants have contributed to warming the planet but if you will just stick around for another three to four thousand years this whole area will be covered with ice. I wonder how Al will expain that.

Grumpy
    It's simple he will say...that's what I'm talking about these changes are further proof of the instability in the weather patterns. He and the nutjobs are never wrong they just give good speeches.