Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Do not call list

Anyone interested can call 888-382-1222 takes about 3 minutes.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Do not call list

Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    Anyone interested can call 888-382-1222 takes about 3 minutes.
    Thanks Don, they are most irritating....Merry christmas to you and yours.. Chuck

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know...I'd miss getting to mess with them when they call. LOL!

I know they are just doing their job, but it sure is fun to mess with them. My standard procedure, as well as my wife's, is to answer the phone and repeatedly say: "Hola. No habla engles. Hola. No habla engles."

Or another one I like - Answer every question with a question. Takes some practice, but can be productive.

Then there is always this classic - When you see a name on the caller ID that you know is a telemarketer, just pick it up and immediately go into a sales pitch, like "HI! Thanks for calling! If I could just have a moment of your time, I'd like to talk to you about your current level of life insurance. You do have life insurance don't you? Well, I'd be willing to bet that you don't have enough. That's right, you can never have enough life insurance. You could die TODAY. Think about your wife, your kids, etc, etc, etc."

Google "Tom Mabe" and enjoy some of his too. The one where he gets a call from a cleaning service and asks them if their steam cleaning folks could come RIGHT NOW and if they could get bloodstains out of carpet...lots and lots of bloodstains...hilarious.

Post Thanks / Like

Brian,
    I think I heard that one about the blood stains on Bob and Tom and it is good. Ever heard of the Jerky Boys? They are crude but that can be funny while drinking a few Crown and Cokes.
    Hey man Saturday is coming fast get that trigger finger and laser ready!

Post Thanks / Like

I've heard the Jerky Boys...lol

I'm locked and loaded for Saturday...thought I'd leave the laser sight at home though. I didn't figure he would let me qualify with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrSplitshot View Post
    I've heard the Jerky Boys...lol

I'm locked and loaded for Saturday...thought I'd leave the laser sight at home though. I didn't figure he would let me qualify with it.
    I guess I'll leave my laser pointer at home. Might get me in trouble huh?

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Do not call list

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat12 View Post
    Thanks Don, they are most irritating....Merry christmas to you and yours.. Chuck
    _________
    This site is Tom Mabe in some of the funniest videos about telemarketers I've ever heard.
    Scroll down the right side of the page to LATEST VIDEOS and click on "Tom Mabe Pranks Telemarketer With Fake Death Scene." There are some others but this is my favorite.

http://800notes.com/articles/Video.a...8ADI_gjJxHU9pA

Hope you enjoy.

A few months ago I received a call from a telemarketer. It was a young man in training and he asked to speak with my husband. "He's not here, do you want to speak with anyone else?" He said, "I'll talk to you." "No, I don't have time, I have smoke coming from the kitchen and need to call the Fire Department, " I answered. "Who's in charge there?" "Cricket." "Good, let me speak with Cricket," he said. "Okay, but she doesn't speak English, she's a dog." He burst out laughing and couldn't speak another word and finally hung up on me.
    Last edited by bassin_bug; 12-24-2008 at 08:02 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Made that call a couple of years back. I get very few telemarketer calls anymore. The few who make the mistake of calling get the distinct pleasure of being the source of entertainment for me The ones I hate now are those who leave a message on the answering machine "This is not a sales call, press 1 to be removed from our list or 2 to be connected to a live person". Not sure how to get my answering machine to press 1

Andrew

Post Thanks / Like

I'm on the Do Not Call list, but businesses you're already associated with can still call. I once got a call from my bank, and the lady said, "Hello Mr. Davis, this is <whateverthehellhernamewas> from PNC bank, and first off we'd like to thank you for being one of our valued customers," to which I replied, "You're welcome," and immediately hung up the phone. They haven't called again.

Post Thanks / Like

For those of you who are unaware...Tom Mabe is a Bullitt County boy! Let's see, we have a famous comedian, a guy who was on Donald Trump's the Apprentice and meth labs!