Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Depth finder??

Post Thanks / Like

Depth finder??

Looking for depth/fish/gps looking at hummingbird 797c2 si would like some input for what to get?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Depth finder??

I just got the Hummingbird 383c GPS/depth/fish. Has color good pic quality lots of stuff ive not figured out yet?!?! Screen is alittle small but i have no trouble reading on seeing it. hope this helps

Post Thanks / Like

If you were going to spend any money on a depth/fish finder, I would make sure it was a Hummingbird SI unit if you could. You can find great info at the Yahoo discussion group, or so I have heard. I think you will have to register for it.

Post Thanks / Like

i have the 1197si and i love it it is amazing the things you can see on it, trees, rock piles, bait fish ex. i would not buy anything else other then a humminbird. i have two other humminbirds one is black and white, the other is color gps in dash and i love all three. you will not be disapointed in any of the humminbird products.

chuck

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Boat Bum View Post
    Looking for depth/fish/gps looking at hummingbird 797c2 si would like some input for what to get?
    I have the 797C2 SI and I love it buttttttt..... I would have spent the extra to get at least the 997 you eill only kick yourself for not having the bigger screen, and if you are patient you will come across one cheaper than you think. If not look at the new lowrance HD's coming out this year. You won't regret the 797 but once you get it set up and see what it can do you'll want more MORE!!

Post Thanks / Like

I actually picked up the 798 this past week, it has a little better resolution than the 797 and a spot for an extra chip of you were so inclined. Best part was it is the same price at BPS right now. I haven't got it hooked up yet, but i hear it's great lol. Just my 2 cents.

Post Thanks / Like

I was told that the humminbirds (side finder series) were not well suited for water 10' and less? Would any of you say that other than seeing the bottom so clearly that the units have put more fish in the boat? have you found structure that held fish in new places. I am on the fence about getting one help me out, do you catch more fish now
    because of the unit.
    Sam

Post Thanks / Like

i have put more fish in the boat because you can actualy see what you are fishing under the water. you can find a spot pin point it back off and fish it good becouse it is showing what and how it is laid out and where the fish are holding on it so it gives you more confidence to stay and fish the spot better then you would before or at least it did for me . it is like having eyes under the water. it takes some practice to get the settings how you like it but once you do it is the best thing you will ever purches. the only time mine will act up is if i am in about 2feet or less but even then it dont do it all the time. if you are looking to get a good fish finder this is the best on the market, if you can afford it it is well worth the money. i was a sceptic to till i did some reserch on all the fish finders and this one shows a better picture then the others and you can transfer images to your computer save pictures of spots you found, there is just to much stuff it can do. but then when you take it out and see it in action it is unreal. it is well worth it. you will not be disapointed. (but that is just my opionion)

thanks
    chuck

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your opinion....You guys have me thinking

Post Thanks / Like

Does SI work at running speeds this is the only fish finder i will have in the boat. So am i wasteing money and should by 2 or 1 900 - 1100 series?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Boat Bum View Post
    Does SI work at running speeds this is the only fish finder i will have in the boat. So am i wasteing money and should by 2 or 1 900 - 1100 series?
    Si is only good at trolling speeds, mine on 10 works up to 4.9 mph, But it also has a sonar for depth at anytime running on plane and such, but you may have to get a second transducer (Puck shoot thru hull type) but they are relatively inexpensive $50 to 60

Post Thanks / Like

why 2 pucks?