Search Fishin.com

Thread: Bass Pro Shops

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Bass Pro Shops

Went to BPS today to get a bunch of stuff and I went to check out. Told them to use my club points, they told me that I have to have more than 10 dollars worth to use them and I only have 7.20. I told them that I checked it this morning on the net and it said I had 17.20 worth of points. So I had to wait while the cashier called the manager and they ran the card numbers just to tell them what I already said. I am really starting to get a bad taste in my mouth for BPS. I wish they were some mom and pop shops that had their selection but they are starting to get a monopoly like walmart.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bass Pro Shops

Sorry to hear that you had a problem. I feel exactly opposite from you--I go to Bass Pro Shops (the one in Clarksville) especially because they are so helpful and pleasent to deal with, from the door greeters, to all the cashiers and especially the sales help. Anytime i can't find what I am looking for right away, I just ask someone with a green shirt and they go out of their way to help me. Also, I have been ready to buy something and one of the sales people will ask me DID YOU SEE THAT IN THE SALES CATALOR (OR ON THE INTERNET) and when I say yes (whether I have or not), they write up a ticket with the LOWER sale price. If I am in the area of a BPS I will stop just to see if they have that thing that I don't need but want to buy anyhow. To me, they are good people.

Thats my opinion,

Grumpy
    Last edited by Grumpy; 12-28-2008 at 08:23 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

That is thesame one I go to. Yes there staff is very helpfull and I did recieve my points back, but this is not the first I have heard of there computer systems going haywire. It is the first time it happened to me though and just wanted everyone to know about it so they can check there points online before they go.

Post Thanks / Like

Ordering from them online was just a complete mess for me this year. It was by far the worst online shopping experience I've ever had.

They sent me a $20 off $100 discount code (not a lot but helps on shipping) and I had about $115 in giftcards burning a hole in my pocket so I put together a nice little order that came out to around $140 before the $20 discount.

Well guess what, if you use their giftcards as payment and it brings your total below $100 then the $20 off $100 discount dosent work. This makes no sense to me because someone bought the giftcards from them and gave them to me as gifts but BassPro treats them like some kind of foreign payent method.

So to use the $20 off $100 discount they sent me and my $115 in giftcards purchased from them I would need to order $215 worth of stuff. Pretty stupid if you ask me.

And don't get me started about trying to get their stupid system to even take the giftcards.

On a side note, I've ordered from them before using discount codes and giftcards and never had any problems until this year.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm like Grumpy I love that store and have always been treated like royalty when I'm in there. If you tell a manager about your feelings of how things have been going for you, I bet they make you happy.

Post Thanks / Like

I too was excited when the BPS in Clarksville first opened. I was already a card carrying member of Bass Pro Rewards Points and had their Visa card that applied 1% to rewards points.

I eagerly awaited the newest flyer and wrote down my shopping list with the sale prices. It never failed: out of stock, not my size, not the color I wanted, etc.

I wrote a letter to the Corporate Offices expressing my displeasure in the failure of their inventory control methods. I then received a $25.00 BPS gift card for my "troubles".

The local staff? They are great. It's not their fault that coporate has a non customer friendly softwear program.

I've never had a problem with any item I've taken in for a refund. I always keep my receipts.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Bass Pro Shops

I've never had a problem with BPS...Even the online ordering system is almost fool proof if you follow the directions when checking out....

As far as receipts...I've kept my receipts as far back as 2004 for almost anything I buy at any store. Never know if something of mine is ever stolen and I need proof that I had the item. Especially for my boat and all of it's contents...Got proof of every item in it on a receipt in a 3 ring binder.....

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=MsgMills;349241]I've never had a problem with BPS...Even the online ordering system is almost fool proof if you follow the directions when checking out....QUOTE]

Yeah, I never had a problem until this year. They kept sending me emails with $20 off $100 saying they were sorry for any inconvenience on their site because of high traffic on it.

Every time I would put in the giftcard #'s it would tell me "balance could not be reterived", then I would go check the balances to make sure something hadn't got screwed up. I can't tell you how many times I did this.

Finally got lucky one day and got it to work kind of, it let me put in the amount of each giftcard manually.

Post Thanks / Like

Heres a Bass Pro story of a different kind.

About a year ago i head up their with my parents to do some christmas shopping...they are planning on buying me rain gear....we get there, get the one i want, go check out, and i realized id forgotten something....so i run back in the store and leave my mom with the merchandise at the desk...she has to go use the restroom and asks the checkout clerk to watch the stuff and she obliges....she comes back and my stuff has disappeared...to make a long story short a guy checked out, picked up my stuff and walked out the door with it...so we spend the next hour or so in there waiting for them to roll the tapes and find out what happened...when they figured it i went back in and they were outta my size except the one i had purchased...so they gave me the more expensive gear and half of my money back on the purchase....it was a lotta trouble but worked out well for me in the end

Post Thanks / Like

I love bps i feel at home in that store we just got a new one in leeds al. And like some of you have said the staff treat you like a king!!! Ive even made a new buddy that works there he gave me his discount 40% off :d

Post Thanks / Like

The only trouble I have had, is a couple years ago, we were looking at hats, and wife wife slipped and fell on the floor, guess what she slipped on, dog crap, yep dog crap, someone had let their dog dump on the floor, and never bothered to clean it up. They are lucky she didnt really hurt herself cause she went down hard, they did knock off 15% off of our purchase, and offered my wife a pair of shoes to wear home, since hers were kind of soiled. Other than that I have usually reiceved pretty good service.