Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Selling Boat

Post Thanks / Like

Selling Boat

I have a nice aluminum boat that I have been trying to sale since May, without any luck, and I really need to get rid of it, espically since I am no longer employed at the current time. What do you guys think about offering it to someone with no money down, and just taking over the payements, the payements are not much, I think about $125.00 monthly for the next 7 years? Is this a viable option, or do you guys have any other options on trying to get rid of it quick, because I would hate to get to the point where I cant afford it, and the bank have to take it back. Thanks for any help or suggestions you can give.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Selling Boat

Quote Originally Posted by wishniwasfishn View Post
    I have a nice aluminum boat that I have been trying to sale since May, without any luck, and I really need to get rid of it, espically since I am no longer employed at the current time. What do you guys think about offering it to someone with no money down, and just taking over the payements, the payements are not much, I think about $125.00 monthly for the next 7 years? Is this a viable option, or do you guys have any other options on trying to get rid of it quick, because I would hate to get to the point where I cant afford it, and the bank have to take it back. Thanks for any help or suggestions you can give.
    Not sure what to tell you about that option. What are the specs. on this boat? What is the asking price? Do you have pictures? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wishniwasfishn View Post
    That's a good question. Personally with the market being the way it is right now - I'm surprised there's not more boats for sale at below market values. I think you would probably be better off selling the boat outright rather than someone taking over the payments even if you do take a bit of hit on the money side. If the bank takes the boat back I'm pretty sure it would effect your credit history and we've all heard how hard it is to get a loan these days. Anyway I hope this helps you out. Good Luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Try Ebay if its that G3 it should sell good.

Post Thanks / Like

Any pictures

Post Thanks / Like

You've got to be careful with the takeover payments thing, depending on your bank...I would recommend against that.

Find out your payoff. Find out what the boat books for, then investigate to see what similar boats are selling for. If you need to get rid of it that bad, and can afford to throw some cash in of your own and sell it below payoff, sometimes you have to do that. You don't want to, obviously, but if the payment is a problem you gotta do what you gotta do. A repossession, even if a voluntary one, dings your credit pretty bad...don't want that unless it's the last resort.

I unloaded my Tracker right before the market went too far South, thank God. I needed to ditch the $175 payment. (Loved the boat, but was trying to put a wife back through nursing school and the $175 each month comes in handy.) It was a 2005 model and I got payoff for it, which was actually a touch more than it was worth, but the motor was under warranty and my buyer was willing to pay for that peace of mind.

What kind of boat do you have? Give us some details/pics.

Post Thanks / Like

The boat is a 2004 G3 with a 2006 Yamaha 60hp 4-stroke, it was bought new in 2006. The motor is warranted till 2012, and everything aluminum has a lifetime warranty. Its a great little fishing boat, and I will get some pictures out to everyone that has asked. I appreciate everyones input, just looking for some options to get rid of it, I put $1,500.00 down on the boat, and now all I want is payoff, I am past trying to make any money on it, espically with the economy the way it is, and just want to get out of the payements I am making before it gets to bad since I am not working, and not sure when I will go back. Thanks again for the input. Bob

Post Thanks / Like

How much and can you send pics?

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Selling Boat

I live in mt. Washington and may be interested. Email me a number so i see the boat.
    fmr97@insightbb.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FMR97 View Post
    I live in mt. Washington and may be interested. Email me a number so i see the boat.
    fmr97@insightbb.com
    Will send you pictures today, if you want to look at it, its located on Fisher lane off of 44, just turn on Fisher, and its down about 300yds on the right. You can reach me at 538-9509 (Bob)

Post Thanks / Like

Could you also send me some pics please

Post Thanks / Like

Pictures sent out.