Search Fishin.com

Thread: Weather???

Post Thanks / Like

Weather???

I was just wondering about this weather, im gonna try to go on tuesday and maybe friday or saturday to LC but its calling for rain all week and snow also. My question is will all this rain and the pulling of the lake through the dam would i be better off to fish elsewhere or just stick to whats been working?? (kinda working) Oh yeah, planed on fishin th F-n-F.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Weather???

Unless you're willing to travel a long distance, I'd say the weather and lake conditions will be about the same every where in the region; I'd stick to your original idea of LC. Just my novice opinion though. Good luck and let us know how you did when you get back home.

Post Thanks / Like

Best conditions to fish the fly are rain, sleet and snow with no sun. Any of these days are good for the fly. Check the run ins with the new rain and see if the water is any warmer than the rest of the lake for if it is a few degrees warmer then sometimes fish will stack up in these runins so make sure to check them out. This only happens when it is a warm rain and you may have to catch them on a crankbait due to the dirty water from the runin but catching is catching. Elnut

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappie chaser View Post
    I was just wondering about this weather, im gonna try to go on tuesday and maybe friday or saturday to LC but its calling for rain all week and snow also. My question is will all this rain and the pulling of the lake through the dam would i be better off to fish elsewhere or just stick to whats been working?? (kinda working) Oh yeah, planed on fishin th F-n-F.
    When they're pulling water try main lake points on the dam side of the flow can be very effective.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok thanks guys for the tips, ill report back when i get home!

Post Thanks / Like

I was there Sunday fishing midlake and it was heavily stained. Didn't stay all day because of the ballgame, but we caught three and had 2 come unbuttoned. Good luck and let me know how it is when you get back.

I haven't checked the forecast this week but be careful if it warms up and rains. The thickest fog I have ever seen rolled in on us in seconds during the middle of the afternoon.