Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Boat Cover Help???

Hey Guys,
    Can someone please give me some advise into how to look at the Pros and Cons of a boat covers.(tread count etc.) I really need to make sure I do not miss something that I will regret later. I really need a new boat cover. I'm looking for a cover in the price range of 250.00 to 350.00. Any advise will be greatly appreciative.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Boat Cover Help???

What size boat do you have? I have a new one that was only used once and I dont have the boat anymore, if it will fit your boat you can have it. Paid over $200 from BPS a few years ago. I have to check but I think it fits 17-19' boat, my boat was a 17' nitro.

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st..._SearchResults

I have a Ranger and have a custom cover for it and the ones at bass pro did probably a better job on my previous boat (Stratos)

Post Thanks / Like

Hey JustinHall, just wondering if he doesn't take it if I could possibly take it off your hands. I have a 17' nitro and need a cover bad, mine ripped and need one for it.

Post Thanks / Like

88KVD,
    The first cover is already spoken for so you loose there, but today is your lucky day because I do have another one. When I bought the cover I did not realize the boat had one in one of the compartments. It is a grey color and it is the original Nitro cover so it says Nitro on the side. The underneath has been spray painted camouflage for some unknown reason but that is on the bottom side. It is all there and it has one hole about the size of a nickel on the left hand side, I believe it would be below the edge of the boat though so should not leak in the boat. It was for a Nitro 176 covers boat but not motor.
    If you want it PM me and you can have it.
    Sorry to any other guys needing a cover but those are the only two covers I have to offer.

Post Thanks / Like

My boat is a 18.6 ft Stratos. I would really like to know which covers leak and expand over time.

Post Thanks / Like

You might ask Doug ( onemorecast) he probably has a little insight on this...

Post Thanks / Like

Hey JustinHall,
    I do appreciate the offer of your boat cover. I need to educate myself on what to look for in buying a cover. It takes good soul to offer something such as a 200.00 boat cover. We need more people on this earth like you.
    Thanks Again,
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

John's Canvas Shop
    3051 Coral Ridge Rd
    Brooks, KY 40109
    (502) 955-8436

He made a custom cover for my boat about 7-8 years ago. I still have it and its in good shape. I used to have to store my boat outside all the time and this cover never leaked, still doesn't. I think I paid around $300. Not sure if he is still making covers but if he is I would highly recommend.