Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

1999 Merc.Force 120 Any good

Hey guy's I just purchased a boat with 99 force 120hp. on the back, anybody no if these are realable? any info would be great and what do you think there wirth. low hours and has fired up right off the bat the last 3 times we took it out before I bought it.thanks for any info...Chuck

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 1999 Merc.Force 120 Any good

Nothing particularly wrong with a Force engine, like most others some good and some bad. Brunswick (Merc) picked up the Force engine when it purchased Bayliner, who had acquired the design (engine) from Chrysler. Mercury slapped on some of their parts, gearcases, etc, and sold it as a less pricey model, without some of the bells and whistles Mercury engines came with. The Force engine was an old design that was dropped instead of revamped as fuel injection and other updates came along. Resale will probably not be as good as some other makes, but parts are plentiful and if it runs enjoy it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by otis44 View Post
    Nothing particularly wrong with a Force engine, like most others some good and some bad. Brunswick (Merc) picked up the Force engine when it purchased Bayliner, who had acquired the design (engine) from Chrysler. Mercury slapped on some of their parts, gearcases, etc, and sold it as a less pricey model, without some of the bells and whistles Mercury engines came with. The Force engine was an old design that was dropped instead of revamped as fuel injection and other updates came along. Resale will probably not be as good as some other makes, but parts are plentiful and if it runs enjoy it.
    Thank you otis, Just the second mercury I've owned and wasn't real happy with the first, but it was alot smaller and older. + the price on this one....well I just couldn't pass up...Thanks again. Chuck

Post Thanks / Like

Just want be the same ole Chuck with out the raft...........Congrats Bud.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fisheater View Post
    Just want be the same ole Chuck with out the raft...........Congrats Bud.
    Thanks John, I'll probably split the time between my old boat and my new one so I don't make my old puddle jumper jealous. Now I'll be able to get bait at the stink hole without it takin half the day to get there and back..LOL Where you and Doug been? haven't seen ya in a while... Chuck

onemorecast56 Guest

OMG! chuck`s has gotten out of that old tub he had!...LOL Good for you Chuck!...yeah I`m still around