Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

where you at elwood

So elwood how was your day on laurel. The wind was howling mightly if not for that it might just have been a near perfect day.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: where you at elwood

We were there, I sent you a PM

Post Thanks / Like

How many trout did you catch?

Post Thanks / Like

7 trout all over 15 inches long, 6 smallies all keepers, 1 6lb walleye and layed the fillet knife to all of them and had one heck of a fish fry last night for the entire family. elnut

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elnutsmalljaws View Post
    7 trout all over 15 inches long, 6 smallies all keepers, 1 6lb walleye and layed the fillet knife to all of them and had one heck of a fish fry last night for the entire family. elnut
    I'm rolliing my pants legs up again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mhall View Post
    I'm rolliing my pants legs up again.
    I'm thinking about some coleslaw and taters to go with them ...we know elnut wouldn't pull our leg.

Post Thanks / Like

Fresh fish!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Very FRESH!!!!! Homeade coleslaw, Hushpuppies, Fried Taters, the fish was so good that no tarter sauce was even asked for by anyone. No leftovers at all and a bunch of fat sleepy people afterwords. I can only thank Ryan for letting me have the ones that he caught as well for the fish fry. He landed most of them anyways for I played the role of a good guide and let him. elnut"filletthembreadthemcookthem"smalljaws

Post Thanks / Like

Dang, that picture you send me of that one over 5lbs was awesome. Good color...That bigger one wasn't a good picture...too fuzzy.

Would've liked to have eaten some of that food though......Thanks for calling me bonehead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by redneckshadrap View Post
    Dang, that picture you send me of that one over 5lbs was awesome. Good color...That bigger one wasn't a good picture...too fuzzy.

Would've liked to have eaten some of that food though......Thanks for calling me bonehead.
    Best pictures that we could take considering the rain and sleet plus 200mph wind that was whipping around. I will see if my wife can clean them up a bit and resend them to you. As far as EATING, maybe you should answer your cell phone every now and then for I called you 3 times telling you what time it was ready and left you 2 voice messages. Not my fault that you have a cell phone and never use it. Brian got his message and he ate more than the rest of us combined and was mad when it was all gone. Offered to go to Long Johns to get him another 3 pieces but he declined due to the fact that it would not be as good as mine. Maybe the next time you know I am going to Laurel for some meat you will keep your cell phone close for the fish fry will commence shortly upon return.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elnutsmalljaws View Post
    Very FRESH!!!!! Homeade coleslaw, Hushpuppies, Fried Taters, the fish was so good that no tarter sauce was even asked for by anyone. No leftovers at all and a bunch of fat sleepy people afterwords. I can only thank Ryan for letting me have the ones that he caught as well for the fish fry. He landed most of them anyways for I played the role of a good guide and let him. elnut"filletthembreadthemcookthem"smalljaws
    i dont know about the guide part u was in the front of the boat slinging that buggy whip almost as much as i was but it does cut down on the casts having to get the net so many times....did u try any of that zatarans fish batter mix i told u to try.... u can mix them brown fish in with those good eatin walleye adn they taste about the same.....

Post Thanks / Like

Ryan and Elwood--I know everyone has their favorite batter but if you can find House Autry batter and especially the medium hot. Trust me when I say that you will thank me later. It is at least twice as good as the zatarans, bass pro or any other that I have found. If you cant find the medium hot, their hush puppy mix is about as good to fry fish in. It also makes the only hush puppies that we will eat at my house. Walmart normally will not carry it.

Congrats on your trip! SOunds like you guys had a pretty dang good day.