Search Fishin.com

HURRICANEBOB Guest

Propane Pontoon and Grill

I want to carry a grill to hit some steaks to go with the suds while the boards are planing at Cumberland. Don't have the deck space for the propane tank, so came up with this solution.

I fixed all the pontoon leaks then added a high pressure fitting to each section with a section of copper tube connecting the fittings to equalize pressure between section. Takes 1300 cubic yards of propane to fill both pontoons, but the pressure should help avoid taking on water in the future. Ran a main propane line from the left pontoon to the right, then to the bow where the grill sits, and plumbed in the grill. Works great!

Only questions I got are:
    a. Do I have to label each of the pontoon logs with those hazmat stickers the propane 16 wheelers use to be legal while trailering?
    b. I went ahead and plumbed in an air compressor to each pontoon from a central compressor, then added two burn nozzles, one on the back of each pontoon. A gas grill ignitor is a push button affair on the dash to light up the after burners, I figure not more than 50 psi per pontoon, and a quick 30 second burn should take me from Wolfe Creek Dam to Burnside in about 4.2367 minutes. Question, will I need a jet pilot's license, or will just the fixed wing solo license do? Do you think I will need to add some type of fin on the back of the pontoon, kinda like the Dodge Superbirds had in the 70's, and like Miss Budweiser has to control bow attitude, or should that be altitiude.

Showed the wife how this all worked while the rig was sitting on the trailer in the driveway. She was impressed but a little concerned when the rig trailer and all clear the back fence, clipped the neighbors second floor balcony, then landed with a double bounce in the Walmart parking lot 9 blocks from the house. Took me 10 minutes to climb out of the tree, get on the ground and go find the boat at the Walmart. It was pretty busy there do to pay day and all.

But the good news is the cops said they can't ticket aircraft, so I just got to pay Walmart for knocking down there sign and I'll be good to go again. Figure I'll test it at Cumberland as soon as the doctor says I'm cleared to drive again, my double vision clears, and my wife lets me back in the house. I mean get real, and be mature, who wants to go fishing with out a good clean spare change of clothes?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Propane Pontoon and Grill

Can you send me some blueprints? Ha, ha, ha, ha. Ha.

Post Thanks / Like

DUDE, you need to slow down on the caffeine, lol

Post Thanks / Like

I think there something in the Captain license about being in sound mind ,you may have just blew that one.lol

Post Thanks / Like

Your post scared the crap out of me until I got to the part about the 30 second burn and realized you knew exactly what you were talking about.
    Jake

Post Thanks / Like

What? You think The windy one is the first to think of filling his toons with gas?

I filled mine with helium. Had to also fill by bumpers with sand to keep the boat in the water.

So don't rag on me when you see me flying two inches off the water and I still have my bumpers out. There is a darned good reason.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't worry about your boat. I think that you and ELNUT will make a good pair night fishing in Jan.
    LOL

DA

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wormin View Post
    I think there something in the Captain license about being in sound mind ,you may have just blew that one.lol
    LOL! That's what I was thinking!

Post Thanks / Like

Hurricane , I was sitting at my office desk having lunch and blew coke all over my monitor that 's some funny &^% there I don't care who you are!!!!!!!!!!!11

Post Thanks / Like

I know there is something wrong with each 1 of us. We fish all year long. The first hint of anything less that a typoon and we are on the water. But he has worked this whole thing out. I have only 1 question can this be fitted to my Lund?