Search Fishin.com

Thread: question

Post Thanks / Like

question

How can someone e-mail you from this sight when not to my memory I recall leaving my email address here. I am not trying to sound nasty but when someone is on your email from fishin.com asking you to be there friend which you have never met before is a little different to me just keeping my guard up over all this stuff with computer viruses and people trying to hack your computer. Why not just pm somebody.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: question

I checked your account and your email address is listed there....can only assume you did provide that when you joined or it would not be there...can't remember is an email address is required to join or not with this latest version of software. Anyway, checked your cp options and you have indicated that you did not want your email displayed to anyone...but you did not indicate in your cp options that you did not want to receive emails from other users. You can do this by clicking on the UserCP button above and go into the Edit Options area and make the change you need to indicate that you do not want to receive emails from other users.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

i got an email like that saying someone wanted to be my friend and its just a notice.. like for instance i got facebook and whenever someone sends me a messsage on there it sends a notice to my email much like fishin.com does.. they do this in my own opinion because they know everyone checks there email but not always fishin.com or facebook.com so it will alert u that way so u can log in and read the message or what ever.... fishin.com emailed me on my bday and told me happy bday...... by all means when it comes to email and the internet if it dont look right dont open it....

Post Thanks / Like

A rule of thumb for incoming emails that show up in your inbox, is that if you don't know the person its coming from don't open it.