Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lowrance HDS?

Post Thanks / Like

Lowrance HDS?

I would like to buy one of these, but i am unable to find out if the Lake INsight program covers lakes in Kentucky, or which ones. I have called Lowrance numerous times only to be on hold for 30 plus minute, I have e-mailed them as well with no response either. If anyone knows please respond. Before I drop a thousand dollars, on one.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lowrance HDS?

Ky. Lake, Berkely, Dale Hollow, And C-land. I think not %100 sure but I think so. Go to Lowrance.com and check it out from here. It will have a link to another site when you click on it. Thats where I found it. Hope this helps
    DJ

Post Thanks / Like

Just buy the hummingbird. 'Bird has all the patents on the side imaging technology in the recreational market so lowrance will never be able to compete. Keep yous LMS or X series lowrance for high speed sonar and go with the SI unit. Thats where the smart money is.

Post Thanks / Like

i agree with buzzking i have the humminbird si and it is well worth it and when you call humminbird or at least for me i have never ben on hold. great company i have nothing butt good things to say about humminbird. and you also get hd maps with humminbird si fish finders but you have to buy the navionics platinum chip or buy the unit that comes with the navionics platinum preloaded.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the responses. I have always had lowrance, but based on there customer service or lack thereof, its time to change to Humminbird i geuss. Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like

Go to the bbc board at this address

http://bbcboards.zeroforum.com/zeromain

go to Sonar/GPS Installation & Operation you can find out all kinds of info.

Post Thanks / Like

Stratos,

If and when Lowrance customer service gives you an unsatisfactory result, ask for Linda Colt. She is a great example of what customer service is supposed to be and will most likely take care of your every need unless your request is unfair or something strange. That being said, I don't have the SI simply because I'm too tight to buy one, but when I can, that will be my next unit.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the contact name of Linda Colt from Lowrance, called me right back after I left a msg. But she did not know the lake list for ky. But told me as soon as she did she would call right back. Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like

Linda is as cool as the other side of the pillow.

Post Thanks / Like

Lowrance will have reps at the Renegade Marine boat show to answer all your questions the weekends of Jan 31 and Feb 7. Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

I would also like to know which lakes are included. If Nolin, Rough, and Barren are not included in the Insight software (i would be surprised if they were) then it would not be worth my money to buy an unit with Insight software. Why pay extra for software on lakes I will not be fishing anytime soon. I would be better off buying the unit with just the basemap and buying the Fishing Hotspots Pro which includes those lakes.

Renegade Man, I didn't know Renegade Marine was having a boat show this coming weekend. Is it at the showroom in Leichfield?

Post Thanks / Like

I would also like to know the KY and TN lakes included, checked their website and couldn't find a link to a list. If you have the "insight" on the depthfinder does that mean you don't a "hotspot" chip. Not clear on this any help would be great. Trying to get a new depthfinder and would like to keep the cost under $800 that has both GPS and sonar.