Search Fishin.com

Thread: fnf questions

Post Thanks / Like

fnf questions

I am thinking about trying the fnf and I have been trying to read all I can about it the last month or so and was wanting to get some suggestions on what brands of jigs to use and best colors. What type and size of line and leader line to use. The length of rod and the reel to use. Is the kit that bass pro has any good to start with. Can the fnf be used other times of year so i can get used to using it during the year.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: fnf questions

Welcome to the world of FnF. Let me just say, I'm and amature at the FnF, but I want to make sure you get at least on e answer. The Punisher brand of jigs/flies is worked very well for me. Get the 1/16oz. size in a few color combinations in duck feathers and the craft hair; make sure you get the weighted boobers as well. You'll definitely want 6lb test fluorocarbon leader material and 8lb briad on your spool. Good Luck let us know how you do. Now I'll leave it to the FnF experts to fill in the details I've missed. You out there elnut?

Post Thanks / Like

Don't get the "Kit" for it has way too many craft hair jigs in it. Duck Feather is the best to use and I use it all year long. Duck with Chartr and either Blue, Red, Black or Purple all will work. 10' rod is best length and depending on your budget, I love my All Pro but for less money the Lexus Silstar is well worth the money. Any good spinning reel with a good drag is ok, more ball bearings the better. The FNF can be used any time fish suspend but works better in the winter due to trying to imitate a cold shivering baitfish ready to die. Check out the article on the front page FNF from basic to advanced for mor info.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info so far I have read the article 2-3 times and watched bob coan's video on here that many times too. Plus other sites articles. Just thinking get everyone's opinion on this on what's best to use. Thanks for letting me know not to use the kit at bass pro.