Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

1-20-09 Anyone taking the day off?

Remember Barry is making his mark on History.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 1-20-09 Anyone taking the day off?

Nope, not me, never have, never will...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    Remember Barry is making his mark on History.
    Only if there is a snowstorm. Otherwise, I plan to visit my hairdresser, get a manicure, meet Sweetie Pie for lunch, and then go shopping. Do you think I have my priorities in order or is there something else I need to add to the list?

Please don't make me watch Barry; I had rather go quail hunting with Cheney. lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bassin_bug View Post
    I had rather go quail hunting with Cheney. lol

I would rather go hunting with Cheney than driving with Ted Kennedy!

Post Thanks / Like

It is my regular day off. But, I think I will find something else to do. Like shoot myself in the foot and go for a jog. It will be less painful.

What is the deal with him saying we need a new Constitution? Or have I heard this out of context. I almost thought that is what this country is founded on.

Post Thanks / Like

NO, I'd rather watch stucco harden. Boy's I Pray I'm wrong but I think we are heading for a world of hurt. He got elected by Wino's and thugs standing in line and had never voted before in their life, that's your next President.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought I would Google 1-20-09 and from what I saw I could only shake my head. The T-shirts and buttons of Barry made me think...alot of people are still caught up in voting in a "rockstar" mentality. The Peace, Love Obama stuff that they are selling online in the United Kingdon is nuts.
    I'll be happy when a month or so passes so we can get away from all this Barry walking on water stuff, talk about putting your cart before your horse.....jeez.

Post Thanks / Like

My schedule on 1-20-09:

Will start the day teaching a class to some anglers on how to Eliminate Water and find bass. The class lasts 5 hours so I will be working the first 2 hours of the class to pay the 40% taxes on the money I will receive for teaching the class because the government has to have a large portion of the money I make so that they can give bail out money to the large corporations because they took all that money they made off of "trickle down" economics to make a lot of fat cats richer instead of letting the profits "trickle down" to the working man and also to pay the bill for all the folks that gave up and decided to not work and let the government take care of them..such is the plight of the middle class or those of us that are still left in the shrinking middle class.

I then will spend the afternoon going thru the process to get a newly required photo ID card for all folks holding a Maritime License so that we can prove we are and not a boatload of terrorists with fishing rods when the Coast Guard stops us on the water. It will only cost me 132.50 to get this I.D. card that can be made for about .50 but of course there is the expense that Homeland Security who made this requirement will have by requesting an FBI background check to prove I am not a terrorist...doesn't matter that the same agency is also doing the same background check everytime I renew my Maritime License which I also have to pay for....just another example of government inefficiency and right wing over reaction to the 9/11 attack.

I then get to spend the evening completing my annual requirement for cpr and first aid classes so that I can administer aid in the event we have an accident or one of my clients has a heart attack....of course for which I will be sued for rendering that aid by some ultra liberal ambulance chasing lawyer because the ultra left wing folks want to make sure that everyone has a right to sue anyone for anything at anytime no matter even if the the person or business they are sueing was trying to do for the person they represent.

Yep....just another day in the life of a middle class small business man...gotta love it.

Forgot to add: Gotta remember I will need to fill up my truck to make the trip to Paducah and back for the classes. Will only cost me 1.80 per gallon for gas that really should only be costing me 1.25 per gallon because on Wall Street they let folks trade for fictional barrels of oil that do not exist or never will exist so that it creates a false demand.
    Last edited by Dave Stewart; 01-19-2009 at 08:49 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Contrary to what we think or want to believe...a lot of people voted for Obama who are not thugs or wino's living on the streets. I think a lot of women (white women too) voted for him, plus I remember being out on the road one day last year coming back from a job site...Driving down I-65 south in Indiana I saw a pickup truck similar to my own (97 Chevy) and I always check out vehicles that are similar to mine, compare how much rust they have compared to mine, etc...well, we were driving in the passing lane and as we got closer to this truck I saw it had an Obama bumper sticker. Me heart really sank at that moment because despite all the hype I had heard about Obama and his so called popularity, etc...I just didn't believe what the media was telling me. But when I saw that Obama bumper sticker on that particular truck my heart sank. As we sped along I had to look over to see what kind of person would display such a sticker...fella's, the guy driving the truck was a 40-ish white guy, probably very similar to me. Now, not only had my heart sank, but I knew the United States as we all know it (typical run of the mill white men) was about to change.

I don't think about who's heading up our country a lot now because honestly I don't have time...but when I do think about it all it does is raise my blood pressure. I have nothing good to say about this situation, except for one thing...I truly do hope Obama does well because this country needs him too.

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't walk across the street to see Obama now or ever.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveStewart View Post
    My schedule on 1-20-09:

Will start the day teaching a class to some anglers on how to Eliminate Water and find bass. The class lasts 5 hours so I will be working the first 2 hours of the class to pay the 40% taxes on the money I will receive for teaching the class because the government has to have a large portion of the money I make so that they can give bail out money to the large corporations because they took all that money they made off of "trickle down" economics to make a lot of fat cats richer instead of letting the profits "trickle down" to the working man and also to pay the bill for all the folks that gave up and decided to not work and let the government take care of them..such is the plight of the middle class or those of us that are still left in the shrinking middle class.

I then will spend the afternoon going thru the process to get a newly required photo ID card for all folks holding a Maritime License so that we can prove we are and not a boatload of terrorists with fishing rods when the Coast Guard stops us on the water. It will only cost me 132.50 to get this I.D. card that can be made for about .50 but of course there is the expense that Homeland Security who made this requirement will have by requesting an FBI background check to prove I am not a terrorist...doesn't matter that the same agency is also doing the same background check everytime I renew my Maritime License which I also have to pay for....just another example of government inefficiency and right wing over reaction to the 9/11 attack.

I then get to spend the evening completing my annual requirement for cpr and first aid classes so that I can administer aid in the event we have an accident or one of my clients has a heart attack....of course for which I will be sued for rendering that aid by some ultra liberal ambulance chasing lawyer because the ultra left wing folks want to make sure that everyone has a right to sue anyone for anything at anytime no matter even if the the person or business they are sueing was trying to do for the person they represent.

Yep....just another day in the life of a middle class small business man...gotta love it.
    Probably the best political post I've read on this board.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim_T View Post
    I would rather go hunting with Cheney than driving with Ted Kennedy!
    I'd rather have cigar with Bill Clinton than either.