Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Junior Bassmasters?

My son is 15, and a avid fisherman, his dream this week is to become a pro fisherman, so he wants to fish the Junior Bassmasters Division. My question for you guys, have any of you done it with your kids, where would you sigh up, and what lakes do you fish, and do you have to be a member of a club affiliated with BASS? Any information would be greatly appreciated, he is bugging the crap out of me, so I need to get something rolling. Thanks Guys

Bill Lowther Guest

Re: Junior Bassmasters?

You have several options for your son to join a youth bass club. For the B.A.S.S. side go to this website: www.kybassnation.com. For the FLW side (TBF The Bass Federation) go the state level website here in Kentucky: www.kybassfed.com. I help with a local youth club called The Meade County Junior Bass Club. They have approximately 15 members and all youth are members of both BASS and FLW sides. Great bunch of kids and parents. They have members in their club from around the region. If you can't find the answers you want on the websites send me an email: lowtherb@hotmail.com. and I will help you as much as possible. Also, on these two websites you will find the 2009 Youth tournament schedules for each organization, always fun to see them weigh their fish on stage.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Junior Bassmasters?

Hi my name is Kyle Raymer and I fish the Junior program. Bill Louther went through the basics and how to get signed up and everything. I dont know if you know much about the federation or federation nation programs but the juniors follow the same basic guidlines that the adults do. We fish 4 qualifer which there you they take the top 3 or 6(just depending on which curcit your son fishes) then there will be a state championship for all the kids who qualified and the winner goes on to the national level. If your son can make it to the national level he will have the time of his life, I have be blessed to beable to attend a coulple Junior World Championships and it is great. It can get very complicated because the rules are different on both sides. If you have any questions just pm me and ill answer any questions your or your son may have. But it is a great program and I am sad that I am apporaching my last year. All the guys who run it are great and Bill Louther has done alot for the Meade County Jr Bass Club and I would like to thank him for all his help and time.