Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Louisville RV (boat) Show

FYI - Went to the so called boat show today. Was not very good had more Motor Homes and Pop Up Campers then Boats. Had a few Tackle Booths, Vacation Booths, Cooking Pan Booths, Gutter Booths, A Leaping Thru The Air Dog Show and so on. Took us about 30 minutes to walk through it. Dont think I will waste my time next year.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Louisville RV (boat) Show

Went to the so called boat show for many years here and decided three years ago it was the last for me. Nothing there worth a crap boat of fishing wise. A bunch of us guys would get together one night and go to the show, buy some draft beer and then go to hooters, I think we should just go to hooters this year.

Post Thanks / Like

i went and wasted my time too,i did go over to bass pro and got a free hot dog.does anybody know if the strader show is better????????

Post Thanks / Like

we just got back and i was not impressed. the perdue fishing team was at the take me fishing exhibit and my son fished for trout. the dock dogs show was kinda cool. but IMO they should rename it to the RV show only unless you got 80k to drop on a nice pleasure boat. wont be going back again. would have liked to have met Kevin Wirth but didnt get the chance.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by southern View Post
    i went and wasted my time too,i did go over to bass pro and got a free hot dog.does anybody know if the strader show is better????????
    the strader show is a little better. alot of venders selling fishing and hunting products and not gutter protectors and the shammies and cheap jewlery,lol

Post Thanks / Like

the kevin wirth seminar was pretty good,lot of good info on line.

Post Thanks / Like

Well i headed down to bass pro in clarksville (yes im one of the few yankee's on her) and they had some nitro pro staff guy do a fishing demonsrtation and this guy was a total idoit! First thing he did was tell everybody you need a soft tip to drop shot and he snapped his rod in half in front of everyone! I coundn't hold my laugh in (Where do they find these losers) and his demonstration was horrible. So i would imagine the boat show fishing demonstration was better than bps demonstration.

Post Thanks / Like

I just got back from the Cincinnati boat and travel show. I was not impressed lot of companys selling bait you can buy at walmart. Figured they would have all kinds of handmade baits.They did not even have but 3 or 4 aluminum boats. Of course you can buy a homemade fishing rod that has a life time guarantee or untill you walk out the door, according to the sales person they are better than G Loomis but for only 130.00 yeah right.

Post Thanks / Like

I went out tonight and was also a little disappointed in the boat show...too many giant pleasure boats, very few fishing boats and everything was crammed together. I am looking at buying an aluminum tracker or g3 in the next few weeks so I spent most of my time there looking at the few aluminum boats on display but I was expecting much more considering how my father explained his past trips. I did see a racing boat that was listed on sale for $1.22 million...that was pretty cool.

Post Thanks / Like

Go to the Indy Show in February...

I quit going to the Cincy show about 10 years ago. It has gotten worse and worser in the last 10 years. I have been going to the Indy Show at the State Fairgrounds in Indianapolis in February. They have a Tackle Town. lots of vendors, bait stores and good seminars. Lots of fishing, bass, pontoon boats for every fisherman. It is worth an 1.5 hour drive for me from No Ky area. Feb 20-3/1. Dave Stewart will be there too. $10 at the door.
    Bassky

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Go to the Indy Show in February...

Quote Originally Posted by Bassky View Post
    I quit going to the Cincy show about 10 years ago. It has gotten worse and worser in the last 10 years. I have been going to the Indy Show at the State Fairgrounds in Indianapolis in February. They have a Tackle Town. lots of vendors, bait stores and good seminars. Lots of fishing, bass, pontoon boats for every fisherman. It is worth an 1.5 hour drive for me from No Ky area. Feb 20-3/1. Dave Stewart will be there too. $10 at the door.
    Bassky

The Indy show is the best show I have been to. Tackle Town is unreal.

Post Thanks / Like

I would reccomend the indy show, it's the biggest indoor sport show in the country. Although it seems to have alot of the same stuff every year, it's still very fun. Lot's of bass boats and tackle. Good fishing demonstration's as well and hopefully dave does come back this year so he can give them great pre spawn talks