Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

TNT Touneys at Taylorsville

Received an email from the hosts of the tourney and it is set to start on April 28th...They have also made a change in how many tourneys you must fish in order to qualify for the classic at the end of the year...You must now fish 10 tourneys throughout the year in order to qualify, instead of the 6 that it has been for years. I personally think this is a horrible change, one that will affect many anglers. With the way the economy is today, they're only making it harder for people to fish this tournament series and I think their entries will suffer due to this...Anyone else on here that fishes this tournament series, What do you think of this change?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: TNT Touneys at Taylorsville

I fished them last year, 10 shouldn't be a problem. I just enjoy the fishing and good company.

Stanley

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: TNT Touneys at Taylorsville

I fished with a guy up there the last 3 mite fish 10 this year whats the site address.Terry Adolph

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

I have been fishing these things since Scott King ran it! Man it must be 20 years ago Dang I'm old.I don't know of ANYTHING that has not changed in all that time. The people running it are trying their best to make it better and I support that. I try to fish them all of course I have to miss a couple each year, but I enjoy it. It's like Friday Poker with the guys many of the people that fish it and run it have become life long friends and I look forward to it all week and then T-ville kick's my bottom and I swear all the way home that I won't be back and then Wenesday I'm lookin forward to Tuesday again. SEE YA TUESDAY come on April!!!!!

Jerry Cole
    Last edited by ChampioNinKY; 02-04-2009 at 06:22 PM. Reason: Forgot to SIGN

Post Thanks / Like

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE fishing the TNT's. I have also met a lot of great people while doing it, I just think that making it 10 tourneys you must fish to qualify for the classic is making it tougher on some people to fish this tourney(that is if you intend to fish the classic). The economy is not making it any easier along with this change...

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Jdogg and I also think the guys running it need to buy a golden rule to measure the fish with. Ive seen a lot of fish that looked very questionable in my opinion. I think maybe because of the lower turn outs for this tourney they don't want to make anyone mad but rules are rules. Also, I have been told that there was some out of bounds fishing going on as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: TNT Touneys at Taylorsville

1st i'll say they run a good event.But the change will put me out this year.I only fished 3 last year and driving from Bowling Green gets old even though my partner and boat are in MtWashington.It would cost me $40 more too enter and 400+miles driving too make the main event.Got the time but not the funds this year maybe next year.Terry Adolph
    PS Good luck Mark and thanks for the trips too the lake.

Post Thanks / Like

is this change on the monday morning also ?champion do you have that big pretty champion thats normally the first one there?thats a sweet boat

Post Thanks / Like

I see this is a "Real Money" event, but does anyone know how many boats they average in this tourney? I ask since it only pays out if there are 60 anglers, around 30 boats, might make a difference in wether I would fish this or not. Thanks for any help, and I DID look at the "results" from last year but it only lists teams who actually caught fish, which we all know is generally NOT EVERYONE who enters Thanks.

Rob

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, this is a real money event, last year we averaged about 45 boats a night. The website is www.tnttournaments.com. We are in the process of updating it now.

If you have any any questions, please call 502-727-9543 or email us at 2fishwon@insightbb.com