Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

G3 Eagle 176, anybody know about this boat?

I have been considering buying one of the G3 Eagle 176 boats. Anybody got any information about this boat, or better yet experience with the boat?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: G3 Eagle 176, anybody know about this boat?

g3 makes one of the better built aluminum boats on the market. This size is small enough to fish the smaller lakes but will handle the the larger lakes as well. Check around at a few different dealers though since each dealer has different mark ups. If you are buying new send me a private message. May be able to save you a few dollars

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlm89 View Post
    I have been considering buying one of the G3 Eagle 176 boats. Anybody got any information about this boat, or better yet experience with the boat?
    I have one, and never had a problem with it, I bought it with a little larger motor, and it moves very well on the water. Fished tournaments with it, and never had a problem with it. The only drawback is space, I had the 165 and once you load all your equipment, tackle, rods, etc. it can get pretty packed, but it still fishes well, and has pretty good storage. The wind will blow you around a little bit, and dont get caught out in any large wakes, will beat you to death. Mine is for sale, and I can make you a deal you couldnt refuse. IM me if interested, and I could send pictures.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wishniwasfishn View Post
    I have one, and never had a problem with it, I bought it with a little larger motor, and it moves very well on the water. Fished tournaments with it, and never had a problem with it. The only drawback is space, I had the 165 and once you load all your equipment, tackle, rods, etc. it can get pretty packed, but it still fishes well, and has pretty good storage. The wind will blow you around a little bit, and dont get caught out in any large wakes, will beat you to death. Mine is for sale, and I can make you a deal you couldnt refuse. IM me if interested, and I could send pictures.

So you have have the eagle 176, or the 165, or both? Does the 176 have the storage problem? If you had the 176 what hp motor did you have and what was your top speed?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlm89 View Post
    So you have have the eagle 176, or the 165, or both? Does the 176 have the storage problem? If you had the 176 what hp motor did you have and what was your top speed?
    I have the 165, ordered it with a 60hp 4-stroke, and it will run in the high 30's with just myself. Storage is only a problem if you have a ton of tackle like I do, it has a nice rod holder, and a couple of storage compartments. The livewell is 13 gallons, which is pretty small, but I had 4 nice fish in it, and they done pretty well until weigh-in. If you are interested in a 165 let me know, like I said I will make you a great deal.