Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

fort knox lakes fishing help?????

i am thinking about checking into fishing the lakes at fort knox and wondering if anyone on here could give me some info. I am fishing out of a aluminum bass tracker and i read on the internet that you can run your motor at idle speed on the lakes. I am mostly looking for a good place to catch some nice sized bluegill and redear. any info on which lakes are good for nice sized panfish and what it costs to fish out there will be greatly appreciated!!! thanks ahead of time for any help.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: fort knox lakes fishing help?????

I am retired military and have fished a few of the lakes here on Knox. The year before last the Post fishing license were $10. This past year they went up to $15.00 and there was talk about raising them again. You have to enter the Brandonburg Station road enterance gate (North West side of post) and the big lakes are on the South East side of post close to the Wilson road enterance. The amount of trouble you have to go through vs the quality of fishing on post is just not worth the effort.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree. Fort Knox is over fished and under managed. There are a couple bass on post, but they are few and far between, and the ones that are there are way undersized. Dont wast your time. Id rather fish Otter Creek or the Ohio than wast time getting my car and gear searched. Or better yet, take that Tracker to Nolin or Rough, easier access, better fishing.

Keep on chuckin'

Post Thanks / Like

thanks

thanks for the info guys. i guess it sounds like maybe i shouldn't waste my time at the fort knox lakes. i like fishing the small watershed lakes for big bluegills and crappie and thats why i thought for knox might be a good option. thanks again for the info

Post Thanks / Like

I live in Brandenburg its close to fortknox its not worth fishing way over fished..