Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Stocked rainbows

I'm not sure where I'll end up fishin this weekend but I know I'm going somewhere. Likely candidates include a few of the ponds around the Ville they stock with rainbows maybe Miles, Watterson, or Cherokee. Any suggested patterns? I plan on using my fly rod but I can't go fishin without bringing along at least one spinning set up. If I can't catch anything at any of these ponds in the morning I'm heading into the feeder creeks in the afternoon. The way I see it the big girls should be lining up at the buffet provided my the meltoff. Any suggestions welcome, thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Stocked rainbows

I would try fishermans park, there are several lakes there to fish. I suggest the lake in the far back right corner. These lakes are really shallow but most of the time I see bass suspended along the dam. Best of luck to yea. Oh and by the way lots of the small ponds are froze up still even with the warm weather.

Post Thanks / Like

I should have been more specific I suppose but, this question never gets any play in this forum. Any info on patterns to try in the pond about this time of the year?

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure of what patterns work, never really had much luck with the fly rod in those ponds. I would assume wooley buggers, other streamers and maybe some nymphs would work. I have used both black and olive bugges as well as some hare's ear nymphs.

On a more important note, good luck finding a clear pond that you can fish in, much less use a fly rod at. As of yesterday, Miles Park was still frozen solid as was Long Run, so I am guessing most others still are as well.

I don't know about the logic behind the melt off, I agree that it will be washing lots of food into the streams, but there is some serious water moving around, and stained right now, makes it difficult to catch fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Even when the ponds thaw they might not be open right away. Fisherman's Park and Tom Wallace Lake are both closed right now due to storm damage.

Post Thanks / Like

AAAAAAAAAHHH! I've had enough of this ice storm! I'm not going to let it keep me off the water on a 70 degree day in February! If I survive the raging waters I will most certainly post my probable wet, slippery failure or, just maybe some small success.

Post Thanks / Like

At least two feet deeper than usual with icy cold water but, it was crystal clear. Only had a few hours to fish due to getting out of work later than anticipated, score tree bass 1 Murrays Helgramite, Nate -1 pretty swimming fly. Great to get back in the water though!