Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Fishing Lake Guntersville In Mid April 09

I'm planing a trip for mid April, I was just wondering what to expect in terms of Lake conditions and what the bass are normally doing this time of year.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fishing Lake Guntersville In Mid April 09

That is the main time for bedding on Guntersville. The good news is they dont bed all at the same time. You can fish the main lake where fish will really be on the beds or up creek arms where alot of fish will be done already. But not all fish will be doing the same thing. I have been in March, April and May and like May the best and April the least.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fntsyfbgod View Post
    That is the main time for bedding on Guntersville. The good news is they dont bed all at the same time. You can fish the main lake where fish will really be on the beds or up creek arms where alot of fish will be done already. But not all fish will be doing the same thing. I have been in March, April and May and like May the best and April the least.
    Thanks for the help, any lures or section of the Lake that I should concentrate on?

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Fishing Lake Guntersville In Mid April 09

i'll be going down march 28th thru april 5th i'll give you a report as soon as i get back.

ranger519

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RANGER519 View Post
    i'll be going down march 28th thru april 5th i'll give you a report as soon as i get back.

ranger519
    It will be greatly appreciated, I look forward to your info. Good luck on your trip,I hope you catch them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RANGER519 View Post

ranger519
    Same place as last year Ossa Wintha, I'll be there as well last cabin by the lake. Stop by and say hi, How did you all do last year. My best was 4 over 5 and 2 over 6 the other 60 or so was 1 to 3 lb. Last year was the 2nd best year in the last 6 I've been going.

B

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Fishing Lake Guntersville In Mid April 09

bigb, yea we're staying at ossa-wintha again cabin#7 .we did about the same as you all did a few over 5lbs & a few around 6 - 7 lbs. my little grandson lost one around 9 or 10 lbs.
    give us a holler .
    ranger519

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigB View Post
    Same place as last year Ossa Wintha, I'll be there as well last cabin by the lake. Stop by and say hi, How did you all do last year. My best was 4 over 5 and 2 over 6 the other 60 or so was 1 to 3 lb. Last year was the 2nd best year in the last 6 I've been going.

B

I just posted with out reading the reports. Ossa win tha is where i normaly stay. I have been down only once since the nice little lady pasted away. and her grandaugher took over. I always try to stay in the unit with the kitchen on the porch. She did not seem to know what I was talking about. The only other cabin I would be looking at staying in is the one with the loft and fireplace. Do you know the number to that one. I am going down April 15-18.
    Thanks BW