Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Bischoff/Batesville Reservoir

I never see anybody on this board ever talk about this lake. I have always done pretty well for bass on it, and have caught some nice size ones as well. I had a buddy catch an 8 pounder last fall by the **** on a crankbait, and another buddy catch a 6.5 pounder on a crankbait on a hot blue bird sky day in the middle of summer. Also a great lake for panfish, even tho most are small. Just curious as to what some of you guys think about this lake.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bischoff/Batesville Reservoir

I have fished it many times. It used to be better as far as numbers are concerned. It also, many years ago, had quite a bit of weeds. It has gotten a lot of pressure the last few years, including the Midwest tournament circuit. My biggest bass was over 20 years ago at about 6lb even. I didn't fish it at all last year. I also heard that you are now permitted to run a large engine there on idle. Is this true?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post
    I have fished it many times. It used to be better as far as numbers are concerned. It also, many years ago, had quite a bit of weeds. It has gotten a lot of pressure the last few years, including the Midwest tournament circuit. My biggest bass was over 20 years ago at about 6lb even. I didn't fish it at all last year. I also heard that you are now permitted to run a large engine there on idle. Is this true?
    They were letting them run idle for the tournaments I believe but guys were abusing it so I think they stopped that.

Post Thanks / Like

Like this lake alot. My club holds our 1st tourny here every year to let everyone get the kinks worked out. Used to be a great lake until midwest has tournys there. Alot of pressure for a small lake.

Post Thanks / Like

Big motor

Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post
    your allowed to run big motors on the lake as long as you keep it under 6 mph

Post Thanks / Like
    Fished it back in June caught around 20 bass had 4 keepers all small. Last I fished it was 20 yrs ago.
    Bassky

Post Thanks / Like

How to keep it under 6 mph

Quote Originally Posted by Jampio View Post
    your allowed to run big motors on the lake as long as you keep it under 6 mph
    Now how many guys with big bass boats and 150 to 300 HP motors can really keep it under 6 mph for long?

Bluegrass lake on Bluegrass Fish and Wildlife Area in Warrick Country in South Western IN has an idle speed only limit. And unless the game warden are out on patrol in their boat people don't always abide by the idle speed limit. I've seen big and small boats going full out on this old strip pit lake.

What I wish would happen is that the CO's would sit up on the hill with a radar gun and check the speed and boat numbers all those on the lake and take boat numbers and mail them their tickets. Maybe get a radar gun that has a build in telephoto camera that documents the boat speeding on a digital SD card for proof in the courts.

If 20 guys get busted and the word gets out that IDNR is actually policing the idle only speed limits then everyone would start obeying the rules better. Unless you have enforfcement some guys will go faster than they are allowed and get buy with it.