Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Bischoff/Batesville Reservoir

I never see anybody on this board ever talk about this lake. I have always done pretty well for bass on it, and have caught some nice size ones as well. I had a buddy catch an 8 pounder last fall by the **** on a crankbait, and another buddy catch a 6.5 pounder on a crankbait on a hot blue bird sky day in the middle of summer. Also a great lake for panfish, even tho most are small. Just curious as to what some of you guys think about this lake.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bischoff/Batesville Reservoir

I have fished it many times. It used to be better as far as numbers are concerned. It also, many years ago, had quite a bit of weeds. It has gotten a lot of pressure the last few years, including the Midwest tournament circuit. My biggest bass was over 20 years ago at about 6lb even. I didn't fish it at all last year. I also heard that you are now permitted to run a large engine there on idle. Is this true?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post
    I have fished it many times. It used to be better as far as numbers are concerned. It also, many years ago, had quite a bit of weeds. It has gotten a lot of pressure the last few years, including the Midwest tournament circuit. My biggest bass was over 20 years ago at about 6lb even. I didn't fish it at all last year. I also heard that you are now permitted to run a large engine there on idle. Is this true?
    They were letting them run idle for the tournaments I believe but guys were abusing it so I think they stopped that.

Post Thanks / Like

Like this lake alot. My club holds our 1st tourny here every year to let everyone get the kinks worked out. Used to be a great lake until midwest has tournys there. Alot of pressure for a small lake.

Post Thanks / Like

Big motor

Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post
    your allowed to run big motors on the lake as long as you keep it under 6 mph