Search Fishin.com

Thread: sw indiana

Post Thanks / Like

sw indiana

has anyone been doing any good with the crappie in southwest indiana. prolly gonna try my luck this weekend. also is blue grass or hovey lake open now since duck season is over. or is there a certain date ... i know the dnr page says it reopens after late waterfowl season. to my knowledge that has passed. any info would be much appreciated

Post Thanks / Like

Re: sw indiana

Hey all ,
    Heres the link for duck/goose http://www.in.gov/dnr_old/fishwild/h...wl_seasons.pdf
    It says season was over Jan. 31 . I would try small { 1/64oz } jigs with bee moths - minnows dont last long in 36dg water . Hovey lake has tons of big head carp { the jumping kind } and I havent done any good there since the 80's when the Army corp or the DNR decided to dam the drain . Up at Bluegrass I would hit Otter or Loon pit , Otter has some beaver activity in the cove across from the ramp so there is wood in the water , or PM Moose , he know more about it than anyone . Be careful , there was a drowning there last year . Good luck and let us know how you do !

Post Thanks / Like

well only caught one bass and no crappie saturday morning.(loon pit) friday morning caught 6 crappie all about 6 to 7 inches bite was slow and deep 18ft to 22 ft around structure.(otter pit) there were a few being caught on minnows from the boat ramps on otter pit.

Post Thanks / Like

I bass fished Bluegrass last weekend for about an hour or two. Caught 4 decents around 15" off of deep ledges using dropshot. They haven't been eatin much yet tho. Hopefully this warm front getting ready to come through will get them goin.

Post Thanks / Like

im either gona go to bluegrass or possibly the ohio river if its not too muddied up, looks like some of the creeks are settling to a stain so ill just have to see about that. what was the water temp. at bluegrass?

Post Thanks / Like

I have no idea. I was fishing with my jon boat and didn't bring along the fish finder. To be honest, I didn't expect to catch any bass. I was just out to have some fun.

Post Thanks / Like

when i was there the temp was 43 degrees. hopefully it will be around 47 or 48 by this wknd.