Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: line question

Post Thanks / Like

line question

Not to start a line war, but I have always used 14lb test excel year round, love it. My brother got me a spool of florocarbon for christmas. just wandering what lures are best used with it. my favorite lure is a 7 inch powerworm. and fluke. can you throw a pop-r and a suspending jerkbait with it?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: line question

Not sure what lb test flouro you got but alot of people throw flourocarbon with bottom baits (jigs, worms, dropshots). It also is usefull for crankbaits and jerkbaits under certain conditions. Increased sensitivity, less stretch, and less visibility to the fish are the main reasons to use it. I wouldn't suggest it for the pop-r though, flouro sinks and will probably give you fits with topwater.

Post Thanks / Like

I use fluoro exclusively for cranking now, I use the 10lb bps brand and love it, low stretch, so you get better hookups, smaller line diameter, so your cranks get down where they need to be, and it also sinks so that helps with cranks. I also use it for my senko's now, and I also use it for shakey head, and drop shotting becuase it has great sensitivity. Great line, give it a try you wont be disapointed.

Post Thanks / Like

Trilene 10lb clear

Post Thanks / Like

This link will take you to a line guide that is really really helpful.. It shows line sizes and types for 'many different baits and applications.
    http://www.bassfishin.com/articles/fishing-line-guide/

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info.

Post Thanks / Like

You got to be careful about bass pro string now, I was up there last week and the man at the counter told me they changed companies that made it for them he thought that the quality had went down. I know this you must be constatanly looking for knicks in your string.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob46 View Post
    You got to be careful about bass pro string now, I was up there last week and the man at the counter told me they changed companies that made it for them he thought that the quality had went down. I know this you must be constatanly looking for knicks in your string.
    I use that line for all my fishing. I wonder who made it before and who does now? Any ideas?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    I use that line for all my fishing. I wonder who made it before and who does now? Any ideas?
    I thought that the XPS Fluro was a Japanese made line and that's why it was so good. I love it but I haven't had to buy any this year yet. Now I'm a little scared. I know one thing they haven't lowered the price of it. It keeps going up every year. I've almost quit buying everything at Bass Pro because they keep raising prices. i order most of my stuff from Tackle Warehouse. No tax, and free shipping.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 00SKEETER View Post
    I thought that the XPS Fluro was a Japanese made line and that's why it was so good. I love it but I haven't had to buy any this year yet. Now I'm a little scared. I know one thing they haven't lowered the price of it. It keeps going up every year. I've almost quit buying everything at Bass Pro because they keep raising prices. i order most of my stuff from Tackle Warehouse. No tax, and free shipping.
    i am with you i have ben getting my stuff at tackle warehouse to. like you said no tax and free shipping. cant beat that and the price is either the same or cheaper then bps before they add tax. and they have a bigger selection of baits and tackle. i was just telling my buddy about tackle warehouse because he was mad about bps raising there prices.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smuckey41 View Post
    i am with you i have ben getting my stuff at tackle warehouse to. like you said no tax and free shipping. cant beat that and the price is either the same or cheaper then bps before they add tax. and they have a bigger selection of baits and tackle. i was just telling my buddy about tackle warehouse because he was mad about bps raising there prices.

Thought you had quit fishing? About time you come back and join some of the discussions man. How come you never told me about the "tackle warehouse"? lol You fishin the KBFN, or ANYTHING this year?

Rob

Post Thanks / Like

seagar invis x pricey but you get what you pay for . use cheap line for filler then use your flora to fill spool .