[FONT=Times New Roman]Fishing Report and forecast for the Tampa Bay and Saint Petersburg Area[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]2-9-09[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]I was right last week when I said the cold weather was on it’s way. Boy did it get cold. Water temperatures in the Little Manatee River and Tampa Bay dropped to the low 50’s and the bite just plain shut down.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]I fished on Thursday and Saturday and both days we had our hats handed to us. Thursday’s trip netted about 5 cat fish and a lady fish. Saturday’s trip was a little better with 4 nice sized sheephead caught on some deep rock piles near the main ship channel. I did try to fish trout near Bishop Harbor but we did not even get a bite. Same thing for the Little Manatee River no bites at all. In fact we did not even see a fish in the river. The good news, we did not see any fish that were hurt by the rapid drop in water temperature. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]The shook bite is and has been slow for the last three weeks. The water temperature is at 56 degrees today and climbing. I look for the bite to crank up a little in the next few days. Once the water tempter rises a bit and stabilizes I think the Snook will become more active in the rivers and creeks. Trout should bite mid week if another cold front doesn’t come through. Look for the trout in deeper water on the edge of grassy areas. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]Sheepshead is still your best choice this week. Look in the deeper areas that have some structure. I would look at all the artificial reefs throughout Tampa Bay as well as bridges, pilings and some of the old wrecks throughout the Tampa Bay area.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]There is no white bait on the flats of Tampa Bay at this time. Water tempters will have to rise quite a bit. Bait will show up in a few months on the flats. Right now you will have to look deep for the white bait. Shrimp is an excellent choice this time of year.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]I hope to be out more next week at least I have trips on Thursday, Saturday and Sunday weather permitting. I will let you know what I find.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]Be safe out there.[/FONT]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]Capt. Danny R. Guarino
825 Bayview Dr.
Ruskin Fl, 33570
813-956-2010 Cell
[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]
[COLOR=#800080]www.fishingguidetampabay.com[/COLOR]

[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]Host: Outdoor Fishing Adventures