Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Lights for boat to nite fish

Im wanting to rig my boat up for nite fishing and was just curious what you guys thought or recomended? Im talkin about a set up to let me see to get where I want to go, kinda like headlight i guess? thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lights for boat to nite fish

Several years ago I got one of those wireless remote controled spotlights that plugs into the front running light plug and even has the red and green light as part of it. It's been one of the best things I ever put on my boat. I wasn't sure for a long time whether the wiring in my Tracker was big enough to handle the ampage draw, but it has done fine. My only problem was I had to replace the 5amp fuse with a 7.5amp. It's been working great for many years now.

Post Thanks / Like

I got a cheap cordless spotlight that has worked perfect. I also wear a headlamp, and try to use it sparingly. Bluewater Led makes lights specifically for boats and night fishing. I have looked into getting them several times, but haven't yet. I think there web is bluewaterled.com, but im not 100%. There may be several other companies that do similar work, but this is the only one that I know of off the top of my head.

Post Thanks / Like

You may want to check into this first, running with "docking lights" aka. headlights is illegal. A hand held Spotlight to see shore etc. is OK.

Post Thanks / Like

What about green crappie lights Crappie Chasier? I have a post up asking about them. Have you used them?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bonefish View Post
    What about green crappie lights Crappie Chasier? I have a post up asking about them. Have you used them?

No ive never used the green crappie lights, and i didnt know that the headlight setup was illegal. how excatly does the green lights work?

Post Thanks / Like

The green light are better in drawing in minnows because it is same color of the water and algae and more natural as to the light reflection at night. I just don't have a lot of experience crappie fishing at night, but they say the green lights are much better.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PRO V LE View Post
    You may want to check into this first, running with "docking lights" aka. headlights is illegal. A hand held Spotlight to see shore etc. is OK.
    ...and so it begins...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PRO V LE View Post
    Just because its illegal doesn't mean its wrong. I run with mine on at night....and if you don't chew big red, well then, ...... you.

Post Thanks / Like

Illegal yes, but I still use them (at times). I have two sealed beams on the front. They are use when logs are bad, the rest of the time I just flip them on a few seconds at a time when needed. Works great and sure it saved me some lower unit damage. If I see another boat the lights goes off untill headed away from them. Just got some Blue Water led installed, they are used to flood the deck and comparment lighting. Look great will have to test out soon.

Post Thanks / Like

I totally agree with bigboyjon. I do the same when I'm on the lake. You have to be courteous to other boats though. Turn off the lights when you see oncoming boats. They shouldn't be on all the time.