Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

A Good Line For Line Watching?

I read where Trilene is coming out with a new mono in May. I think it's called TransOptic. Above water is hi-visible yellow, below clear. Same concept as their Vanish in the Fluoro. I'm going to force myself to really watch my line this year when fishing plastics and jigs but I have a problem in certain waters seeing anything except for the clear/blue flurorescent. Green line seems to be the worst, I can see it at all. When you guys are fishing clear fluoro, are you able to really see the line that good? Maybe I just need some glasses. Anybody tried the Vanish Transition lately. I know it had problems but maybe they have fixed some of that?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: A Good Line For Line Watching?

Good question, i haven't seen the new line coming out with yet, i just hoped its nothing like vanish, because i had nothing but bad luck with that! As far as line watching, just make sure you have all your slack pulled up it makes it easier to see and i use clear line on everything and it seems to work well for me, my two cents?

Post Thanks / Like

Meier is selling trilene max on sale for 5.50 for 330 yards, it is yellow and turns clear in water just like vanish. Bass pro sells max but no colors, and meier is way cheaper.

Post Thanks / Like

Its probably exactly like the Photochromic line they usaed to make. It had a yellow tint. In the low sun it turned gold outside the water, but remained clear under water. When bright out, it turned a dim color, or the other way around. I forget, but I do know the Photochromic line would glow when used at night under a blacklight. Good all-around line. Great abrasion resistance too.

Post Thanks / Like

You might want to look into a bright colored braid with a mono or flouro leader. I use yellow PowerPro with a P-Line CXX leader on one of my spinning rigs. I just spooled up Fireline Crystal with a CXX leader on one of my baitcasters. The Fireline is more of a bright white than a clear...hope to try it out in the next week or so. You'll feel a lot more with braid as well, which is a plus with plastics and jigs.

Post Thanks / Like

the red cajun line is suppost disappear a few feet under. im sure that varies with water clarity tho and probably not a good choice for shallow water.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shimano4Life View Post
    Its probably exactly like the Photochromic line they usaed to make. It had a yellow tint. .
    I don't know, it might be photochromic repackaged under a different name. I didn't even know photochromic was available. I was out by Meijer today and sure enough the Trilene Maxx Photochromic was half off like Bob said ($5 and change) so I picked up some 12lb. I've never tried it, but at least I'll be able to see it. Thanks fellas...
    Last edited by Todd2; 03-01-2009 at 09:45 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Bass Pro Xcel in Florescent Blue is great line watching line. However, since it is made in China now, I have heard it isn't as good as the older Made in USA line from about 3 years ago.
    Bassky

Post Thanks / Like

Just take a black permanent marker and make marks about every couple of feet, that way you can see any line.

Post Thanks / Like

i use clear line all the time and keep my finger on the line and keep my line tight or tight enough to fill the bites. even at night i use clear line with out a black light started last year doing this and my night fishin was alot better had more bites and cought more fish quality fish.