Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Ethenol in the Gas Filter

If any of you are haveing problems with your outboard Motor it maybe do to. Water forming in the gas tank because of Ethenol in the gas , . They make filters now that take the water out . I put one on my Yamaha 4 stroke it runs a 100% better and starts easier,, Linda's Marine carries them and Bass Pro. YANK

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Ethenol in the Gas Filter

The filter to which you refer is a water separator filter and available, and necessary, now. Wal-Mart even carries a model. Ethanol being technically an alcohol, has water in it originally and condenses quickly in fuel tanks. So the normal water we get from condensation and temperature fluctuations is increased due to the ethanol addition. The filter is a cartridge type and can be easily replaced like an oil filter. For less than $30 a filter system can be installed with simple tools and save a carb rebuild or injector service and the motor will run better, start easier and get longer plug life. I have one on a pontoon with 90hp Merc and on a 40hp Suzuki Jet. Both have been used the last 6 years with absolute perfect results. A little fuel stabilizer with each fill-up and change the separator cartridge every spring and I'm on the water, good to go.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ethenol in the Gas Filter

I am using a little of the new stabil marine with each tank now.