Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Headed to Santee Cooper....

I reckon that dad and me are heading to santee in the morning for a 5 day trip. from what i hear everything is picking up down there and i know there is big fish in the lake.... my goal is at least an 8lber but who knows....i am already excited to get down there... we hired a guide the first day so we can get a feel for the lake and stuff.. last time we was down there dad missed the red right returnign memo and knocked about an 12 inch hole in the bottom of our old astro.... but we caught some fish so it was still a good day on the water then... but wish us luck cause we are way overdue for a good solid 5 days of fishing.....

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Headed to Santee Cooper....

Good luck, hope you catch some toads! I am heading to Gunthersville next week, and like you I want to catch at least a 8lb bass.

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck fellas.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ryan_ekubass View Post
    I reckon that dad and me are heading to santee in the morning for a 5 day trip. from what i hear everything is picking up down there and i know there is big fish in the lake.... my goal is at least an 8lber but who knows....i am already excited to get down there... we hired a guide the first day so we can get a feel for the lake and stuff.. last time we was down there dad missed the red right returnign memo and knocked about an 12 inch hole in the bottom of our old astro.... but we caught some fish so it was still a good day on the water then... but wish us luck cause we are way overdue for a good solid 5 days of fishing.....
    When we lived there we saw several boats with holes in them from running Lake Marion and Lake Moultrie and getting out of the channels. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck and be careful. I was down there last March/April, it was really low then, talked to a guy recentally and he said it was lower than normal but not as bad as when I was there, it was 4+ ft down, the avg depth of lake is around 5 ft. I lost a toad there the second day of the tourney, over 8 lbs for sure, and also saw another come off that my co angler hooked, it was over 8 also, be carful lots of stumps, sandbars, trees, gators, also the docks are good to fish around try up Wybo area. have fun be safe.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Headed to Santee Cooper....

Best wishes for a SAFE and awesome time down there! Like most I'll be looking forward to a detailed report when you return!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Headrick View Post
    Good luck and be careful. I was down there last March/April, it was really low then, talked to a guy recentally and he said it was lower than normal but not as bad as when I was there, it was 4+ ft down, the avg depth of lake is around 5 ft. I lost a toad there the second day of the tourney, over 8 lbs for sure, and also saw another come off that my co angler hooked, it was over 8 also, be carful lots of stumps, sandbars, trees, gators, also the docks are good to fish around try up Wybo area. have fun be safe.
    Hey Bobby, The lake is full pool and the fish are getting busy. Ryan should have a good trip. There were several tournaments last weekend with 27 to 32lbs 1st place sacks. I heard of at least one 10+lb fish caught. I went Sunday and had about 15lbs. No biguns, just solid fish. I am more scared to run now with the lake being full because you cannot see any stumps. GPS and a topo map is a must.

Charlie McFadden
    Summerville SC