Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Douglass Crappie

Will be bringing three of my boys down for spring break. April 1st,2nd,and 3rd. Just wonderin' if the crappie were biting yet. Any report would be appreciated. We do this every year and they are getting excited. They are 15, 13, and 11 years old and love to fish and hunt. They look forward to this trip every year. Ole' Dad's a little excited to get a few days off work and relax and watch these guys catch a few.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Douglass Crappie

Crappie have moved up in water column with water temps in high 50's, they could be on the banks when you come down. Been catchin some slabs.

Post Thanks / Like

I appreciate the info. What kind of water levels are we facing? I don't remember how the levels read on Douglass, but last year at Indian Creek it was almost to the top of the secondary ramp around to the left on the point. In '07 the water was approx 4' lower than '08. Caught alot more fish in '07 than '08. Had to buy minners last year to even get a bite. I like to throw the inch and half tubes with a 1/32 ounce head under a teardrop bobber. But, sometimes live bait is better I guess.

Again, thanks for the report.

Post Thanks / Like

Go to TVA site, http://lakeinfo.tva.gov/htbin/lakein...bmit=View+info
    Click on graph you will see it went up 8 feet in January when we had all that rain and TVA pulled it right back down.
    The float and jig tipped with minnow may work as usual.
    Been catching some good crappies in Muddy creek, most the fish I've caught in Indian creek have been small throw backs.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the website info. Just got back today around 2 PM. Rough fishin Wednesday evening. Thursday was OK-caught a few up in Muddy Creek in sight of the bridge. Friday was absolutely horrific. Wind, rain (a little bit of stinging rain), and cold. Managed 1 slab Friday. Still had a nice time. Saw lots of deer and turkey. Drove around and looked at the GIANT houses and the ones being built around the lake. WOW!!! Oh well, enjoyed the trip. Hope to get back soon.