well we left wed mornin at 2 in the morn and got to santee about 9am and started fishing... the water was just touching 60 and it was kinda stained.. we fished up around the cyprus trees and had a few then we needled our way thru the trees to some backwater areas and couldnt really find the fish.... the pads adn grass was just starting to grow.. and on thur we hired the world renouned inky davis.. he had his green fish fishing ability compared adn contrasted to the late great billy westmorelands brown fishing in bass master. well i learned alot with him about the lake and stuff.. and this guy took us thru the big woods on plane if any of yall know its still has all the dead trees sticking up and cyprus trees growing every where. crazyness... but we caught just a few with him and well on fri we woke up to 20 mph winds and big waves and the lake was churned up pretty bad and the lake temp dropped 9 degrees over night with the wind adn cold front that came thru... so we got a whim and since we aint never been to gville we loaded up the truck check out of the motel and by 6pm we was setting on guntersville lake.... we caught a few and i caught better fish over there and the water temp was getting into the 60s and i seeen some fish starting to be on bed but both lakes are about 2 weeks from being on in my opinion... but i have trouble catching prespawn fish...