Search Fishin.com

Thread: Length of boats

Post Thanks / Like

Length of boats

OK, I'm in a tight spot. My wife and I have sold our house because she said we need a larger house. She has found the perfect house. The only problem is that the boat does not fit in the garage. I maybe able to get it in sideways but won't know for sure until I push it in. The neighborhood won't allow you to put it anywhere but in the garage.

Here is the favor that I need, how long our your 19 or 19.5 boats with the trailer and motor? The reason I ask is they are all different. Some trailers swing away tung break away in a different spot. The motors are a little bigger on some boats than others.

What it all boils down to I maybe selling my 2002 ZX250 Skeeter and going down to a smaller 19 or 19.5 boat. I will still have to put it in sideways in the garage but, it will be easer that a 21' and that is life. The wife says it is worth giving up the garage in order to get this house.

Thanks Ryan.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Length of boats

Just tell her you have to have a bigger garage to move.

Post Thanks / Like

You could also keep it in storage, aroud louisville storage prices are anywhere from 33-145 a month depending on what you want.l think i saw a place over by blakenbaker or ruckregal pky that was devoted to boat and RV storage but i dont know how much they charge, then there is always louisville underground, i guess it just depends on where you live and how much you use it.

Usually you can find deacent storage around lakes, if you have a perfered lake that you go to my, mom and dad have a place that is covered and locked at nolin for 30-35 dollars a month.

If you trim the motor down and caddy corner the boat, the motor is not really the issue, the toung becomes the issue, its a trial and error thing to get it right.

hope this helps

tight lines

Post Thanks / Like

Better yet you could buy a new home with me and we can build the garage as big as you need. I may allready have a new home that would fit the bill. I build in Louisville, am a registered builder and plus you would help the economy buy buying a new energy star home, not to mention you would be helping me pay my bills.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joco0101 View Post
    l think i saw a place over by blakenbaker or ruckregal pky that was devoted to boat and RV storage but i dont know how much they charge,
    They're $68 for 25' and under (thats total length, including trailer) and $78 for up to 30'

Post Thanks / Like

Just my personal opinion, but I would never buy a house in a subdivision that wouldn't let me park my boat in my driveway.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a standard attached garage, 20x22 and I have a Ranger 520 which is 20'9" with a tandem trailer, and it fits in the garage sideways, not much room for anything else, but it does fit.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BPenrod View Post
    Just my personal opinion, but I would never buy a house in a subdivision that wouldn't let me park my boat in my driveway.
    Most new subdivisions have RULES about that...........

It is a rarity that you find one that does not.

With regards to the boat, you will save 3 ft off what you need by taking off the transom save, and putting the motor down...........JUST be SURE to put it back on before blasting down the road.

My 195 tracker fits in my garage with the saver on, but only if I pull the plug on the swing tongue........

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like

I think we may just build.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    Most new subdivisions have RULES about that...........

It is a rarity that you find one that does not.

With regards to the boat, you will save 3 ft off what you need by taking off the transom save, and putting the motor down...........JUST be SURE to put it back on before blasting down the road.

My 195 tracker fits in my garage with the saver on, but only if I pull the plug on the swing tongue........

Later,

Geo
    All the more reason not to move into a new subdivision!